• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I40 Eastbound Closing Over the Yadkin River

Clemmons traffic is a fucking disaster. Hope no one has plans at Tanglewood today.

Weed Rd is still washed out in Essex Jct., so, if you're headed to Westford from Jericho, you'll need to go the long way (through Essex Center, obviously).

Exit 182 to Clemmons Rd to Exit 180 is the quickest detour correct?

Yes, 182 (Harper RD) then right on 158, then right on 801 is your best bet unless you take 421 to I-77s to Statesville and pick up 40 again.

If the traffic is bad, this will only add 15 minutes to your trip. Take 421 north, Exit 246, Left on Shallowford, Left on Farmington Rd. Takes you back to 40.

I had an event this weekend. I contacted all affected guests a week ago and gave them a different detour than the official one. I still had half of those try to go on 40 and missed the important part because they were over 1.25 hours late.

I had an event this weekend. I contacted all affected guests a week ago and gave them a different detour than the official one. I still had half of those try to go on 40 and missed the important part because they were over 1.25 hours late.

Can't fix stupid

Just hit it. I was thinking exit 182 would be a different detour from the one everybody is forced to take. No avoiding the traffic now.

Just hit it. I was thinking exit 182 would be a different detour from the one everybody is forced to take. No avoiding the traffic now.

Where are you ultimately trying to drive to? BTW, I heard last time it took close to an hour to drive from Clemmons to Hillsdale.

Any billboards available in the vicinity for folks to gaze at while crawling with traffic?

Where are you ultimately trying to drive to? BTW, I heard last time it took close to an hour to drive from Clemmons to Hillsdale.

That's what I heard to. I had a vendor in it who decided to take the detour instead of my alternate route. He was in traffic two hours.

Back