• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Buzz had any integrity and pride...

Even if he were to resign, Wellman would still be making the next hire.

At this point, I think that even if we shame Bz into retiring, Wellman will purposefully hire a shitty replacement so that he can give us all the big double middle finger as he rides off into the sunset.

Good or bad (dads performance) I would never in a million years want to go to a D1 school where my dad was the hoops or fball coach.

At this point, I think that even if we shame Bz into retiring, Wellman will purposefully hire a shitty replacement so that he can give us all the big double middle finger as he rides off into the sunset.

You may be right. But surely the BOT are smart enough to be on guard against that kind of petty stupidity?

A corporate analogy - If I knowingly was terrible at my job and was hurting the company because of it, I wouldn't continue to do that job. I'd quit so a more qualified person can better handle the job, and I'd look for a job that's better suited for me. Continuing to do a job terribly and hurting the interests of the greater good because of it is just selfish.

A corporate analogy - If I knowingly was terrible at my job and was hurting the company because of it, I wouldn't continue to do that job. I'd quit so a more qualified person can better handle the job, and I'd look for a job that's better suited for me. Continuing to do a job terribly and hurting the interests of the greater good because of it is just selfish.

really? you're a better man than i, woody. if i were pulling down millions and the prospects of finding another job were as dim as bzz's, i'd ride that bitch out for as long as i could.

really? you're a better man than i, woody. if i were pulling down millions and the prospects of finding another job were as dim as bzz's, i'd ride that bitch out for as long as i could.
Well, in the corporate world, your boss would probably just fire you. But "firing" and "[Redacted]" don't seem to compute for Wellman.

Nina is the key. Bz wont walk away on his own, but Nina is not at all happy in W-S for a variety of reasons. With graduation in May, she might put some pressure on him if RW doesnt. I just dont know how much weight that would carry with him.

Can you elaborate on this? Not looking for any gory behind the scenes stuff, just genuinely curious as to why she's unhappy apart from the obvious fact that Bz's struggles must be stressful for the whole family.

Can you elaborate on this? Not looking for any gory behind the scenes stuff, just genuinely curious as to why she's unhappy apart from the obvious fact that Bz's struggles must be stressful for the whole family.

As someone who was a polarizing figure in a somewhat public position, I can understand. When stuff was said about me, it really didn't bother me, but it really wore on my wife. Note: I do believe that I was more competent at my job than our dear coach, but it's hard on family members to watch a loved one be raked over coals.

We looked totally inept on offense today, and I thought we haved looked good at times under [Redacted]. Seemed to me like the only thing we did on offense was set ball screens on the perimeter and it worked almost 0 percent of the time. Seems like a good coach could find some other ways to get players open and involved.

We looked totally inept on offense today, and I thought we haved looked good at times under [Redacted]. Seemed to me like the only thing we did on offense was set ball screens on the perimeter and it worked almost 0 percent of the time. Seems like a good coach could find some other ways to get players open and involved.

A good coach wouldn't start three guards against a huge team. A good coach would recognize that MD went on a run just after his first substitutions. A good coach would make adjustments to stop a run. A good coach would come out of the half with a new game plan. A good coach wouldn't suck out loud.

Last edited:

Winston Salem is also probably a big adjustment from Denver/Boulder.

Back