• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If I was Wellman I'd do the same thing

Seriously, bzzz, nobody's going to hurt you or your family. Good Lord! He reminds me of Barney Fife.

I received this in a PM from a poster that I'll let identify their own identity, if they want to.

I would consider my source on that trustworthy (and their reason to be having that discussion valid).

You don't need to act like this was some secret passed through PM. A mod posted this:

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...oard-Decorum?p=1200552&viewfull=1#post1200552

Some background on LK's post. We have been told that WFPD have been monitoring OGBoards.com and firebz.com. [Redacted] and the PD are concerned about some of the veiled threats that have been posted this year towards him and his family.

The lawyers we've spoken to say it wouldn't be a problem, but if Wake did decide to come after us for something that was posted, I'm not willing to put my name/reputation/time on the line to defend this. It is easier to just not tolerate the threats at all. I know we are all about discussing things freely, but I spend enough time dealing with the daily maintenance of the site without having to include a lawsuit in the mix.

Bzz, if you're reading this, GET A GRIP, BUDDY! People don't want to hurt you or your family. They just want you to leave. Goodness! Somebody's paranoia is getting a little out of hand!

If I were Wellman I would keep my mouth shut and be working the big money trying to sell my decision to keep Bzz on another year. That is probably exactly what he is up to.

So I would surmise that Buzz in fact DOES READ THE INTERNET & even the newspapers. Guess he is a closet reader. Similar to what the Baptists refer to as a "closet drinker" Shame on you Buzz for not being honest with your loyal fan base.

Anybody who doesn't think the AD keeps up with the pulse of the fanbase via message boards is kidding himself.

Nice post. People here keep trying to make Wellman out to be some movie super villain, hellbent on destroying Wake Forest. It's nice to have a refreshing change of pace from the doomsday posts.

I'm not sure if what OP is saying is what Wellman is actually doing, but I do agree that it's what Wellman SHOULD be doing. Holding out hope that Buzz will be gone suits me better than raging all over the boards about articles or posts from people who I highly doubt have any idea as to what is actually happening. Once the deal is in ink, then I'll rage. Until then, I'll cling to this sliver of hope.

Last edited:
So Police or the Wake police being used as a club for the admin? And no one should hurt anyone, but if he's dropping his dry cleaning off people should feel free to say: you're money's no good here. As in, don't want your business, not I'll do it for free.

Back