• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If not Petersen (Boise), PSU on the record as interested in Grobe

"I don’t feel the need to create multiple aliases."

I was PhDeac over there. I'm PhDeac over here. You seem to admit that you're DeaconBrad over there. Why need to create a different username, especially a profane name that references a sexual act?

All your stats show is what I've been saying. During most of Lobo's time as OC, the offense and defense have been bad. From 2006-08 the defense was good and significantly better than the offense. In 2007, the defense and special teams artificially inflated the scoring offense stats by scoring almost a TD a game and setting the offense up for several short scoring drives.

Those numbers definitely support the position that Lobo is a poor coordinator because it's not about our offense vs. our defense, it's about our offense's ability to score in games vs. other offenses.

Here are the numbers that DeaconBrad doesn't want you to see that I posted before the season.

Over the time that Lobo has been our OC, here is where Wake stands in Total Offense and Scoring Offense among 120 FBS teams

Total Offense (highest after the comma)
Average yards per game per season = 340.8 (#102, Texas Tech 501.2)
Average Total Offense rank = 82.4 (#104, Texas Tech 5.5)

Scoring offense

Average points per game per season = 24.1 (#80, Boise State 41.9)
Average TDs per season = 35.8 (#85, Boise State 71.4)
Average FGs per season = 12.3 (#93, Wisconsin 18.3)
Average scoring offense rank = 75.3 (#84, Boise State 4.1)

Average total/scoring offense rank = 78.8 (#96)

In other words, average together all the total offense and scoring offense ranks for Wake Forest in every year since 2003, it comes down to the #96 ranked offense out of 120 teams. By comparison, Duke is next to last in overall offense at #119. When you consider that in 2003, there were only 117 teams, that's stunning. UNC is at #97 and UVa is at #94. FSU is the best at #39. Keep in mind, they fired an OC over that stretch.
---------------------

10th worst offense in the ACC from 2003-10.

I think the stats support me just fine.

The only stat needed...

10th worst offense in a BAD FOOTBALL conference from 2003-2010

The only stat needed...

10th worst offense in a BAD FOOTBALL conference from 2003-2010

News Flash: Our recruits most of those years were ranked 11th or 12th in the conference, so about where you would expect our offense to be. I'm guessing that if you want an offense in the top half of the conference, you need players who are similalry ranked.

News Flash: Our recruits most of those years were ranked 11th or 12th in the conference, so about where you would expect our offense to be. I'm guessing that if you want an offense in the top half of the conference, you need players who are similalry ranked.

So, your theory is that Lobo is actually so good that he's turned 11/12th ranked recruits into a 10th ranked offense? Are you watching the same games I am?

Your post ignores that recruiting rankings are awful and that we redshirt everyone.

Back