• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If the GOP takes over the Senate will Obama be impeached?

If the GOP wins the Senate will Obama be impeached?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This should be an interesting result. The House would love to try.

Well, they won't get anything else done, so I guess they have to find something to entertain themselves for the next two years.

Why would a Republican Senate majority make any difference?

Think it would be ridiculously stupid since they don't have the votes in the Senate to convict. OTOH, Boehner may not be a great leader, but he has to have some sense of the pulse of House 'Pubs and he wouldn't have cried wolf on suing Obama if there wasn't a credible threat of impeachment from a reasonable number of House Tea Party zealots.

Think it would be ridiculously stupid since they don't have the votes in the Senate to convict. OTOH, Boehner may not be a great leader, but he has to have some sense of the pulse of House 'Pubs and he wouldn't have cried wolf on suing Obama if there wasn't a credible threat of impeachment from a reasonable number of House Tea Party zealots.

Do you actually think the RW yahoos who think Obama is a Muslim or that he's a communist know the rules? Or care?

How about an Over/Under on how many times the House and Senate each pass an Obamacare "repeal" ?

I can't imagine that the leaders in the GOP could possibly be that politically dumb, but then again, I'm not even sure who the leaders are in the Republican Party these days.

Personally, I hope they do try to impeach Obama. That should go over wonderfully with all the independents & swing voters going into the 2016 election.

And nothing else is going to get done in the next two years, so the hotheads in the GOP will have plenty of time to think about it.

Last time the GOP impeached a President they managed to get a drunk-driving war criminal elected in the next vote (well, sort of).

Can someone summarize what the grounds for impeachment would be...

They will certainly play up the possibility in the media, so the tea partiers can run around saying they voted to impeach him, but they won't do it. It lets the TPers say they wanted to impeach him but didn't have the votes. They get to save faceand make their supporters happy without committing political suicide.

You forgot EBOLA.

and the Benghazi Cover-up, and the IRS scandal, and not invading Syria, and dissing Israel, and being Russia's bitch, and going on vacation, and his wife trying to help kids eat healthier, and the ACA...I'm sure he pardoned a black turkey at some point...

Back