• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If the GOP takes over the Senate will Obama be impeached?

If the GOP wins the Senate will Obama be impeached?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zero chance. They've controlled the House for 4 years and haven't impeached him so I doubt they will now. The Senate doesn't impeach presidents so controlling it has no bearing.

and the Benghazi Cover-up, and the IRS scandal, and not invading Syria, and dissing Israel, and being Russia's bitch, and going on vacation, and his wife trying to help kids eat healthier, and the ACA...I'm sure he pardoned a black turkey at some point...

Might want to re-read my post

sorry, I was on my way home from a terrible in-law wedding at the time

if the GOP decides that impeachment should be a priority if they win the houses, they'll just prove once again how fucking dumb they are

sorry, I was on my way home from a terrible in-law wedding at the time

if the GOP decides that impeachment should be a priority if they win the houses, they'll just prove once again how fucking dumb they are

That's why I think it's a distinct possibility. I actually don't think the GOP could be THAT dumb, even though they're pretty dumb. I just want to see it happen for the political theater that would ensue. Fox News would be hysterical to watch.

Boehner has minimal control over the Tea Party zealots in the House and the wannabe 2016 "moderates" (Christie, Jeb, Mitt) have even less leverage. Those guys have to be terrified because no matter how much Obama fatigue there is the GOP still has to show some level of rational and reasonable governing before people will allow 'Pubs to control all of Congress and the White House.

Boehner has minimal control over the Tea Party zealots in the House and the wannabe 2016 "moderates" (Christie, Jeb, Mitt) have even less leverage. Those guys have to be terrified because no matter how much Obama fatigue there is the GOP still has to show some level of rational and reasonable governing before people will allow 'Pubs to control all of Congress and the White House.

With GOP control of both houses, the yahoos may give Boehner an ultimatum. He either impeaches Obama or he loses his Speakership. The yahoos are broken into two groups. The first has no clue that impeachment in the House requires the Senate to convict a POTUS. The second doesn't doesn't give a damn. From the day he announced, they have hated Obama more than they love America.

Of course it would be irrational. That doesn't matter. Remember this is the group that has passed "repeals" of Obamacare over fifty times knowing it could never pass the Senate and if it did, it would be vetoed.

Logic and rationality have no place with the House GOP.

Can someone summarize what the grounds for impeachment would be...

Summary execution of US citizens without due process is about the only thing I think should be a reason, but that program didn't start under Obama.

If the 'publicans win the senate, the congress will become a bunch of over-paid, part-time employees who do absolutely nothing.

And the talking heads on TV will simultaneously scream at each other about who is at fault.

If the 'publicans win the senate, the congress will become a bunch of over-paid, part-time employees who do absolutely nothing.

And the talking heads on TV will simultaneously scream at each other about who is at fault.

and this will be a change in the status quo how exactly?

I guess that subtlety is not your strongpoint.

Last edited:
Looking forward to President Biden.

FFF-ME.gif

I was going to post something but a picture of Jeff [Redacted] always steals the show. It's like trying to explain something serious with dogs or children in the room.

I was going to post something but a picture of Jeff [Redacted] always steals the show. It's like trying to explain something serious with dogs or children in the room.

So you think the Tea Party will push hard to impeach Obama. Of course that's not treating dogs or children with enough respect.

I can't imagine that the leaders in the GOP could possibly be that politically dumb, but then again, I'm not even sure who the leaders are in the Republican Party these days.

Personally, I hope they do try to impeach Obama. That should go over wonderfully with all the independents & swing voters going into the 2016 election.

And nothing else is going to get done in the next two years, so the hotheads in the GOP will have plenty of time to think about it.

I agree with this completely. This is an interesting question, since impeachment would serve individual reps in safe districts very well in the short term, but hurt unquestionably hurt the party in 2016. The decision between short-term self gain and long term chances in a national election should be fun to watch.

This board this week is almost as good a watching the meltdowns on MSNBC .... almost. The guy gets elected for 2 terms and as soon as he loses a vote (the midterm) everyone is racist again. It is sickening.

This board this week is almost as good a watching the meltdowns on MSNBC .... almost. The guy gets elected for 2 terms and as soon as he loses a vote (the midterm) everyone is racist again. It is sickening.

lolwut

I've never understood this "America voted for Obama so nobody is racist" logic.

I was watching a little O'Reilly last night and he had Count Dracula Krauthammer on and they were talking about Obama possibly using an EO for immigration reform. O'Reilly immidiately said that if that happened then the Republicans in the House would have to impeach the President. Dracula had a much cooler head and said that would be a horrible mistake politically and that the Republicans should focus on the true prize... winning the White House in 2016 and not impeaching Obama with such a short time left in his term.

O'Reilly was having none of that shit and kept saying that the Republicans would have to impeach him or they would be cowards.

I hope the idiots like O'Reilly drive the Republicans to do it if Obama does do his EO before the end of the year like he promised yesterday.

Back