• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If VT beats Clemson...

I honestly don't know. This is where a plus one would be awesome. LSU/USC on one side and (OKST/Oklahoma)/Bama on the other.

LSU is the clear #1. After that it's tough to sort out, but I would have zero problem with an LSU/Bama title game if they went through #3 and #4 in the BCS first..

I just have a problem with crowning the SEC, and giving the rematch based on the SEC hype/love fest.

Ask yourself the question that I posed earlier. Would we even be talking about a rematch if it was 11-1 GT and 12-0 VT? I seriously doubt it, even with an awesome OOC schedule, there is no way any other conference could pull a rematch in the MNC.

Sounds like you have SEC baggage with you at the table. The reason the Alabama is going to be in that game is that all the other contenders keep falling on their faces. Tons of voters don't want a rematch and are going to vote for it anyway. Fans of other teams and conferences sound like fans (and Seth Greenberg) moaning about the middle of the ACC getting left out of the NCAA's. Play better.

I don't understand why the rules are different for the SEC. You realize this has happened before, right?

2006, Michigan had the better schedule, and their only loss was to #1 tOSU. They were ranked #2 until Urban Meyer lobbies his way into the championship game. Florida crushes tOSU and SC crushes Michigan. How ridiculous would it be if we never had the opportunity to find out how good Michigan and tOSU really were because we had to watch them play each other again?

Le sigh.

Okie State lost to Iowa State. You know, the team who's other
"big" wins this year are against Iowa (in OT), Kansas (who sucks), Northen Iowa (who isn't even a Div. 1A school), UConn and Texas Tech. In their 5 losses they have been outscored by a total of 117 points. Iowa State.

That Florida team that you wish to reference lost to Auburn (who was ranked #11 when they played) on the road.

That Florida team also played 5 ranked teams during the regular season in 2006. The Michigan team you are touting played 2 ranked teams during the regular season. Those are rankings on the date the teams played.

Alabama has played 5 ranked teams this season. Okie State is about to face their fourth ranked opponent this weekend. Call that, at best, a wash.

If you can't recognize the difference between those two situations, heaven help you.

Wins over current BCS Top 25 teams: Oklahoma State: 5, Alabama: 2.

• Wins over current BCS Top 50 teams: Oklahoma State: 7, Alabama: 5.

• Wins over FBS teams with winning records: Oklahoma State: 6, Alabama: 3.

• Conference titles: Oklahoma State: 1, Alabama: 0.

• Losses to Iowa State: Oklahoma State: 1, Alabama: 0.

Shouldnt it be mentioned that OSU's lone loss came on the eve of Oklahoma States program having their head womens basketball coach and assistant die in a plane crash? I wouldnt expect anyone to be able to play their best in that situation and if they beat Oklahoma I think they should play for the national championship.

Seriously, you're playing the women's basketball coach card?

This will all be over when Clemson and Oklahoma (god willing) win this weekend.

I have a fundamental problem with a team that cannot win its own DIVISION playing for the NC title game. It is complete horseshit. If Bama wanted to get in, they should have beaten LSU at home. 'Nuff said.

The SEC is way down this year from years past.

As I said earlier, you scared say you scared.

Seriously, you're playing the women's basketball coach card?

This will all be over when Clemson and Oklahoma (god willing) win this weekend.

Clemson no. But OU will kill OSU.

That's the thing. OU has a great shot to beat OSU this weekend, but what if OSU wins by, say, 3 touchdowns? That could really throw some computer polls into wack. Shit will get really crazy if that happens.

I have a fundamental problem with a team that cannot win its own DIVISION playing for the NC title game. It is complete horseshit. If Bama wanted to get in, they should have beaten LSU at home. 'Nuff said.

Agree on all counts. My post was to illustrate that a case could certainly be made for OSU and I think one will with a win this weekend. For the record, LSU wins out regardless.

I, too, am not convinced that the SEC was a powerhouse this year. Who was their third best team? Arkansas? They don't really stand out to me - I actually think a mediocre Texas A&M team should have won their game easily.

Florida and Tennessee are both having down years. Ole Miss and Kentucky are horrendous. Georgia's having a good year but lost its one high-profile OOC matchup (Boise State).

Sagarin's rankings actually have the SEC as the 3rd best conference this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1112.htm?loc=interstitialskip

OSU will pick up votes this weekend if they beat OU. I don't think they'll pass Alabama, but people who don't want a rematch will use the win to switch their votes. I think the only chance they have is if they beat OU like 48-21 or something. It could get interesting then.

I, too, am not convinced that the SEC was a powerhouse this year. Who was their third best team? Arkansas? They don't really stand out to me - I actually think a mediocre Texas A&M team should have won their game easily.

Florida and Tennessee are both having down years. Ole Miss and Kentucky are horrendous. Georgia's having a good year but lost its one high-profile OOC matchup (Boise State).

Sagarin's rankings actually have the SEC as the 3rd best conference this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1112.htm?loc=interstitialskip

A&M also could have easily beaten OKState.

OSU will pick up votes this weekend if they beat OU. I don't think they'll pass Alabama, but people who don't want a rematch will use the win to switch their votes. I think the only chance they have is if they beat OU like 48-21 or something. It could get interesting then.

Okie State won't be able to stop OU from scoring. It will be a high scoring game.

Yep. Like I said, 3 touchdowns, and this gets interesting.

That's the thing. OU has a great shot to beat OSU this weekend, but what if OSU wins by, say, 3 touchdowns? That could really throw some computer polls into wack.

A 1 point win is the same as a 100 point win to the computers. The humans are where it helps.

A 1 point win is the same as a 100 point win to the computers. The humans are where it helps.

Ah, right, I forgot about that. It's retarded that we don't use the better computer rankings. Taking the ELO_CHESS from Sagarin instead of his PREDICTOR just seems... unwise. He admits himself that the ELO_CHESS is less accurate.

Ah, right, I forgot about that. It's retarded that we don't use the better computer rankings. Taking the ELO_CHESS from Sagarin instead of his PREDICTOR just seems... unwise. He admits himself that the ELO_CHESS is less accurate.

Yeah, its politically correct (I guess thats kind of the right term) but its horrible for actually picking the better team. I think they wanted to disincentivize teams running up the score, but the algorithms that these guys use already kinda do that.

Back