• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If we are Going to Run the Option...

South Deac

Reaction score
Why can't we run the type of option that Auburn is running? Speed sweeps, power running game, and most importantly, no pitches by an inexperienced QB. I know things would look a bit different with our 2-3 star players, but it's a modern day option and a lot easier to run then the mess we saw in September.

I've heard rumors we're using the bye week to install the wing T.

The offense I'd like to see us run...... any offense that isn't coordinated by Lobo.

I figure if I'm going to play golf I should play like Tiger Woods....

Misdirection and orbit sweeps! Remember when our offense faked out the TV camera men as to who had the ball?

It was a beautiful thing!:D

The key to Auburns offense is Nick Marshall's ability to run the read option. Tanner doesn't even have a skill set close to what Marshall brings as a running threat. Without a QB that essentially functions as a RB, Auburn's system wouldn't be effective.

The key to Auburns offense is Nick Marshall's ability to run the read option. Tanner doesn't even have a skill set close to what Marshall brings as a running threat. Without a QB that essentially functions as a RB, Auburn's system wouldn't be effective.

How did it take until this post for this small issue to come up? Tanner MIGHT run below a 5.0 in the forty. He also runs like a complete spaz most of the time.

Because no one else took this thread seriously. Clearly we have some personnel issues that make it difficult for us to run the Auburn offense.

Because no one else took this thread seriously. Clearly we have some personnel issues that make it difficult for us to run the Auburn offense.

Well I don't think the OP meant why can't Wake run Auburn's offense right now, but rather why can't it be installed and run next season? Dual threat QB are all over the place, and I think if Wake recruited going forward with Auburn's offense in mind, they could be successful with it...

Back