• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ilhan Omar Takes Victory Lap: Resolution 1st Vote Against ‘Anti-Muslim Bigotry’

So it’s offensive when people suggest that Black Lives Matter is exclusive of other lives mattering but we are supposed to laud the fact that condemning anti-semitism is too exclusive?

For the slower kids.. try it again

She's so good. They are going to destroy her.

Now Republicans are going to say she’s racist against black people.

I admire the minimum fucks given by this new class of House Dems.

He ain’t any more black than he was white. His momma was white and he was raised by white folks.

Cut the fraudulent crap about Hussein

Now Republicans are going to say she’s racist against black people.

I admire the minimum fucks given by this new class of House Dems.

I remember not too long ago, you were pretty against criticizing Obama.

I remember not too long ago, you were pretty against criticizing Obama.

Feel free to go back and read what I said to refresh your memory. Criticism is fine but the “Obama sucked” narrative won’t fly.

The article frames it as Obama working within a broken framework not the “Obama was no better than Bush or Trump” narrative coming from some on the left.

Lol, ok. You see what you want to see i guess. You just want to remove any agency from the man as if he had no control over the party or his administration. It was just the broken framework drone striking civilians.

The big criticisms of Obama are that he ceded control of his party and his political capital to Congress, he governed as the junior President from Illinois and he didn’t provide down ballot support in the midterms and after his presidency, and he sought compromise and adhered to norms Republicans abandoned.

We have to make sure we nominate someone who doesn’t try to earn favor from Republicans they’ll never get.

“Why Ilhan Omar won’t pay for peddling bigotry”

“Ilhan Omar can’t seem to help herself when it comes to anti-Semitism. The question is: What are leading Democrats and Never Trumpers, who’ve repeatedly accused the White House of empowering anti-Semitism, prepared to do about the congresswoman from Minnesota?

Omar tried to wiggle out of the implications of her earlier tweet about Israel “hypnotizing” the world by claiming ignorance about its meaning. She said she didn’t know she was tapping into an anti-Semitic trope when she smeared Israelis defending themselves against Hamas terrorists.

But she dug herself in deeper this weekend with tweets in which she asserted that the only reason why members of Congress support the Jewish state is “the Benjamins” — that is, money — offered by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the pro-Israel lobby.

The claim that Jews use wealth to get their way is another libel that is straight out of “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion,” the classic anti-Semitic hoax that has migrated from czarist Russia to the Muslim fever swamps.

It’s also a deliberate misreading of reality. The overwhelming majority of members of Congress support Israel because the overwhelming majority of Americans agree. But to Israel haters, it’s all a vast plot cooked up by dark, conspiratorial Jewish forces.

Americans like Israel for a variety of reasons, not least shared democratic values. Most also think there is something wrong with those who want to destroy the one Jewish state on the planet. That’s the goal of the BDS — boycott, divest and sanction — movement that Omar and her fellow Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan support.

The big criticisms of Obama are that he ceded control of his party and his political capital to Congress, he governed as the junior President from Illinois and he didn’t provide down ballot support in the midterms and after his presidency, and he sought compromise and adhered to norms Republicans abandoned.

We have to make sure we nominate someone who doesn’t try to earn favor from Republicans they’ll never get.

Those are the big criticisms from neoliberals. That’s not what Omar or others on the left are saying.

Those are the big criticisms from neoliberals. That’s not what Omar or others on the left are saying.

Yeah and I’m saying it’s not an argument that is going to succeed at the polls.

Yeah and I’m saying it’s not an argument that is going to succeed at the polls.

But you are still celebrating her outspokenness even though she shouldn’t say what she said?

But you are still celebrating her outspokenness even though she shouldn’t say what she said?

Yes. I think we need more voices on the left to bring new ideas to the front. Our political conversation is way too far to the right. We need to criticize Obama so we don’t repeat his mistakes. But I don’t think she’s going as far as you’re saying. The Obama = Bush logic is why people stay home and that’s how you get Trump.

Yeah bud that ain't it. Drone striking wedding parties ain't a purity test. Ilhan Omar is explicitly critisizing Obama in saying "many who came before Trump were polished...we cant let people get away with murder because they are polished"

Yes. I think we need more voices on the left to bring new ideas to the front. Our political conversation is way too far to the right. We need to criticize Obama so we don’t repeat his mistakes. But I don’t think she’s going as far as you’re saying. The Obama = Bush logic is why people stay home and that’s how you get Trump.
Thats bullshit. Obama governing like Bush is why voters stay home.

Back