• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ilhan Omar Takes Victory Lap: Resolution 1st Vote Against ‘Anti-Muslim Bigotry’

No dude, here are her EXACT words:

“Far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it,” Omar said at the event. “CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

You realize the whole quote is way worse right?

It always amuses me what conservatives (and rj I guess) pretend to be offended by. This is some ultra-PC police bullshit.

Comparing “some” to “all” is insensitive? Geez.

Seriously Shoo. It’s jingoistic virtue signaling to justify religious discrimination.

They’re doing the same thing they accused Omar of doing by questioning her loyalty to this country.

Last edited:
And many of the ones getting all offended don’t actually give a shit about Jews anyway

I don't subscribe to Wapo, so here's W's quote in context:

Thank you all. I want you all to know -- it [bullhorn] can't go any louder -- I want you all to know that America today, America today is on bended knee, in prayer for the people whose lives were lost here, for the workers who work here, for the families who mourn. The nation stands with the good people of New York City and New Jersey and Connecticut as we mourn the loss of thousands of our citizens

Rescue Worker: I can't hear you!

President Bush: I can hear you! I can hear you! The rest of the world hears you! And the people -- and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!"

Rep Omar appears to be doubling down on bad takes.

You context adds nothing, as opposed to the context around Omar's statement, but thanks for playing "Blame the Muslim!" Ben Shapiro, show him what he's won!

I guess -- if you're really dumb and racist.

It always amazes me that people are incapable of coming to common sense conclusion because they are to scared to criticize a tribe member. Then, when people like me get openly racially attacked and called by horrifically derogatory slurs, it is absolutely fucking crickets from people like you and PH.

Curious to see how you would feel if Trump said something like "because someone did something down in Charleston now they want to take our statues from us" or if the NRA said "because someone did something now they are coming for our guns and that is why the NRA was founded."

It always amazes me that people are incapable of coming to common sense conclusion because they are to scared to criticize a tribe member. Then, when people like me get openly racially attacked and called by horrifically derogatory slurs, it is absolutely fucking crickets from people like you and PH.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You context adds nothing, as opposed to the context around Omar's statement, but thanks for playing "Blame the Muslim!" Ben Shapiro, show him what he's won!

Fuck off. She made a stupid comment and followed it up by trying to equate it with W's remarks. If you can't see that, you have the problem, not me

Last edited:
She should have said something like:
The terrorists who attacked our country on 9/11 don't represent all of Islam or American Muslims any more than the white domestic terrorists who killed in Charlottesville and elsewhere represent all of white Americans.

I missed your criticism of Milhouse while he was calling me a dog eater. Pretty sure you were on that thread, as you are on well like all of them.

I don't recall that. I don't know what your nationality is. I honestly don't give you much thought. Sorry. If Milhouse said that, it was not appropriate.

Fuck off. She made a stupid comment and followed it up by trying to equate it with W's remarks. If you can't see that, you have the problem, not me

I'm not going to fall for the fake right wing outrage machine on this, particularly from the group that whines about the country getting too PC. You know exactly what she was talking about.

I'm not going to fall for the fake right wing outrage machine on this, particularly from the group that whines about the country getting too PC. You know exactly what she was talking about.

I'm not right wing, asshole - have never even been a Pub.

Nuts to me that people are focusing on a freshman Congresswoman's innocuous comments instead of our racist President's dog-whistling, the right wing media's questioning of her Loyalty, and the death threats she is receiving because of it. But that's 'meruca now.

You literally just blamed 9/11 on Muslims.

Who did it?

But READ what I posted, "She should have said the actions of twenty odd Muslims don't represent what a billion Muslims believe or how they how they act. But by saying "some people" She de facto minimizes what happened."

Clearly, I didn't blame all or even a significant number of Muslims. But it was 100% a bunch of crazy Muslims who did it. A small group that doesn't represent the majority or even an appreciable number, but that is who did it.

I fully understand that people see my name and edit what I say to fit their needs. However, you totally misrepresented what I said versus my 100% accurate portrayal of what she said.

Back