• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Immigration Reform

A mother and her son turned up for a domestic-violence case. Then ICE arrested them.

“That walk, being handcuffed like a criminal with my son, was one of the most humiliating and embarrassing experiences I’ve ever endured,” Maria said in Spanish at the Marshall Park rally.

“Having to endure the stares of people around me, around the street, and looking incredibly shocked at us — looking at us as though we were criminals. And that was incredibly painful, because as I was walking, I was leaving my 2-year-old son behind.”

She said she and her teen son were held for about six hours before she was reunited with the toddler.

Cox said ICE agents were aware of the little boy and expedited his mother’s arrest. They released her under her own recognizance and then drove her back to the courthouse so she could pick up her child, Cox said.

I have a very low opinion of Republicans but even I’ve been shocked at the level of hate and disdain Republicans have for non-white military families.

Is NowThisNews a legitimate source??

Or is this similar to the time PhDeac posted a picture on the Tunnels which proved a Russian spy was invited to the White House? Or when Time Magazine posted a picture of a young immigrant girl on its cover who was never separated from her parents?

A lot of them are brown and black. What do you expect?

Not really, unless you count Indians as brown (in RJ-parlance, we all know that brown and black mean Latin Americans and Africans, but definitions can be expanded when expedient). Indians and Chinese, primarily, and I have a hard time believing that the elimination of a program in place for 3 years is going to lead to a catastrophe, humanitarian or economic.

Or is this similar to the time PhDeac posted a picture on the Tunnels which proved a Russian spy was invited to the White House? Or when Time Magazine posted a picture of a young immigrant girl on its cover who was never separated from her parents?

Are you saying you would be unhappy if such a story were actually true?

If Angus got his head out of the conservative news vacuum, he'd see this is being reported by multiple news outlets. I'll post this one because I know he'll believe it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/03/former-marines-wife-being-deported-to-mexico.html

Alejandra and Temo Juarez, a naturalized citizen who runs a roofing business, quietly raised Pamela and their 8-year-old daughter Estela in the central Florida town of Davenport until a 2013 traffic stop exposed her legal status.

Afterward, she regularly checked in with U.S. Immigration and Customs officials, which typically went after higher-priority targets like people with criminal records.

Temo didn't figure his vote for President Donald Trump would affect them personally. That was before the enforcement of Trump's "zero tolerance" policy toward illegal immigrants.

:facepalm

Last edited:

you think the picture of her and her kids is fake?

Just saw the story on AP. Everyone's getting duped !

Angus, your team is a bunch of assholes, eh? What is more American than working hard, raising good kids, and fighting to protect the Stars and Stripes? That woman is exemplary. Aren't you ashamed of your party?

Y’all way overestimate Brad’s humanity. He doesn’t give 2 shits about brown families.

Hadn't read this before. #fakenews

Some have also conflated the "zero-tolerance" policy with reports of nearly 1,500 immigrant children "lost" by the administration. The government said that in late 2017 it had been unable to reach 1,475 children after placing them with sponsors. But these were children who came alone, not with their parents, and officials said some sponsors are here illegally and don’t want to be contacted by authorities. (We sort out those facts in this story.)

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...ou-need-know-about-trump-administrations-zer/

Google? Librul conspiracy. Can he find it on Conservatopedia?

According to the head of one of France’s most prominent asylum seeker support organisations, the global network of human traffickers which aid migrants across borders into Europe and elsewhere constitute a $32 billion (£25bn) industry.
“it is absolutely necessary to crack these various networks that thrive on the misery and credulity of a certain number of people and it is to be hoped that the victims will be protected,” Pierre Henry, director general of the asylum seeker support association Terre d’Asile, said.

“Exploitation today includes, in addition to sexual exploitation, labour, forced services, slavery, servitude and even organ harvesting. The thing to keep in mind is that it is very lucrative,” Henry added, Franceinfo reports.

Back