• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

income inequality debate

I do think that resource inequality is a priori bad even in a rising tide that lifts all boats

this is due not to the material impacts, but due to the social/cultural/spiritual impacts of a society with extreme inequality

hard to quantify, and I don't think it's a primary concern, but I do think it is a negative outcome of any system

Who causes poverty?

Clearly, it's government regulation which is causing job creators to be unable to create jobs for everyone.
8_lewis-hine_child-labor_7496099008_1de931db14_o.webp

I didn't think you were serious. Crime is caused by the people who cause it, not by the people who fail to prevent it.

Now you know how we feel about your asinine posts. Throwing billions of dollars at the problem with a police force/prison system hasn't solved it. People are still committing crimes. It's not working.

Now, go on how you judge that the social safety net isn't working. What are your metrics.

Didn't we all go to wake forest so we could enjoy the income inequality? I know I do. What's the point of being self-loathing Wake grads?

Of course there will always be some inequality.

Which I think the vast majority of folks are fine with.

I think it’s a question of degree (no pun intended)…yes?

We keep throwing hundreds of billions of dollars at our military each year and we haven't stopped wars. Wassup with that!

Didn't we all go to wake forest so we could enjoy the income inequality? I know I do. What's the point of being self-loathing Wake grads?

Excuse me good sir, but perhaps you didn't hear that they almost renamed a building once.

The purpose of military spending is not to prevent wars. You could also say the purpose of police spending is not to prevent crime.

I'm ok with people making good money. But every billionaire is a policy failure.

Back