• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Incredible Story (Auburn Homecoming Queen)

i agree a story about a marriage torn apart by rape that ends with a girl getting a meaningless award is beautiful. #thanksgod

I wonder if the family would've still wanted to adopt her if she was 15 years old and not a newborn

i agree a story about a marriage torn apart by rape that ends with a girl getting a meaningless award is beautiful. #thanksgod

Is that really what you take from his story? A young woman born out if terrible circumstances is using her life to help out other young women In Difficult situations....a young mother who stands by her convictions even in the face of an unloving husband and gives this young girl a chance To live instead of taking the convenient way out and this is your response? Wow.

I really would have thought this kind of story would be something that everyone could applaud. No one is praising the rape. They are praising the girl and mother for their incredible story. Even if you are pro choice shouldn't this be the kind if story that earns your respect?

The comments thus far on this thread show a serious lack of empathy for mankind.

he entire purpose of this thread is to justify banning women who are raped from having abortions. You haven't fooled anyone.

The comments thus far on this thread show a serious lack of empathy for mankind.

you post something from a wacked out site like TheBlaze.com about a topic you have been pretty vocal about on here and you expect people to just fawn all over you for it?

Is that really what you take from his story? A young woman born out if terrible circumstances is using her life to help out other young women In Difficult situations....a young mother who stands by her convictions even in the face of an unloving husband and gives this young girl a chance To live instead of taking the convenient way out and this is your response? Wow.

I really would have thought this kind of story would be something that everyone could applaud. No one is praising the rape. They are praising the girl and mother for their incredible story. Even if you are pro choice shouldn't this be the kind if story that earns your respect?

“Because that resource was made available to my mother, she decided to give birth to me,” she said in a campaign video for Miss Homecoming. “And here I am talking to you guys 22 years later.”

In that same video, Dutton said that if she could deliver one message to women who find themselves pregnant, it would be that they aren’t alone and that help is always available.

“If you ever find yourself in a situation or have a sister or a cousin or a best friend that is in trouble … there are resources there,” she said."

Good thing we're destroying planned parenthood and various social support networks...and yes I'm aware your response is going to be but, but, but the church gave her mom money and an option.

Last edited:
It's a good story. I'm glad her mom chose to have her, and I'm glad she had a support system that resulted in successfully raising her.

It's a good story. I'm glad her mom chose to have her, and I'm glad she had a support system that resulted in successfully raising her.

The takeaway is we all owe it to Glenn Beck for informing us.

They do that homecoming queen/king shit in college too??

It sounds like a great story that came out of a tough situation. I would hope that everyone in a similar situation has access to the resources so that they can make such a choice for themselves, and it is terrible that her husband tried to take that from her. (Seriously? She’s sacrificing her body to carry to term the child fathered buy the guy that assaulted her, and he can’t support the supposed love of his life for nine months?)

(BTW, I googled the story because I have no interest in going to that site, but the ads sound awesome.)

How about the stories of the kids who are in foster care now? How about the ones who are on the street because their families shunned them?

How about all the ones who lived in total poverty their whole lives?

how about the ones who were born less than perfect, put up for adoption and never adopted?

How about the stories of the kids who are in foster care now? How about the ones who are on the street because their families shunned them?

how about the ones who were born less than perfect, put up for adoption and never adopted?

I don't think those realities should interfere with a celebration of a story that had a good outcome. This story can still exist and be celebrated in a pro-choice context (even if I'm certain that Wrangor had something else in mind).

I don't think "incredible" is the best word for this story. It's quite believable. I agree it's a touching and compelling story.

I'm all for supporting mothers/babies in difficult circumstances.

Are you unhappy and angry all the time? You are begging to start something with Wrangler, even if you do not trust his reasons for posting the story just let it slide. It is really hard to support you when you claim others are always attacking you personally when do take a tact like the one you have in this thread and beg for someone to fight with.

Last edited:
Back