• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana, the RFRA, and the backlash

Well between you having no idea what you're talking about and trying to troll at the same time it's no wonder nobody can figure out what you're talking about.

If that reference is too old for you, just let me know and ill go ahead and kill myself

If that 200K isn't designated for legal expenses, I'd take the money and run.

Legal expenses for what? They didn't deny services to a gay wedding. They just said they would. That's just free money.

Is the Big Lebowski too old a movie for me? I don't live under a rock Plama.

Good. Now what i meant with that reference is that at no point was i arguing nor cared about "who started it". Therefore your comment of "yeah palma, you started this" was a classic example of why you've earned the title of nonsense ninja

Well when you posted: "Sure, and the start if this conversation had you asking if i used jewish or jew and i said jewish" it seemed relatively logical to laugh at the fact that we were all talking about this issue because of a hypothetical you threw out there.

Legal expenses for what? They didn't deny services to a gay wedding. They just said they would. That's just free money.

Exactly. If it is just providing cash flow without stipulations, I'd be gone.

And in your world of nonsense who started a conversation matters because?

Ok, yes. And while ive spent a grand total of four seconds before today thinking about the word tranny therefore i am not terribly strong in my convinctions on how offensive the word is, you'd have to be pretty dense to feel completely comfortable referring to a jewish person as a jew in front of them if you dont know them well

i'm trying to picture the scenario where i'm referring to a person's religious/ethnic identity to them when i don't know them well.

Louis CK has a bit on this, joking about how Jew is a religious label and also a racial slur if you put a little stank on it.

i'm trying to picture the scenario where i'm referring to a person's religious/ethnic identity to them when i don't know them well.

Well when every scenario in which its used you agree it sounds like a slur, probably just time to agree you are incorrect

lol... ok buddy:

Antisemitism[edit]
The word Jew has been used often enough in a disparaging manner by antisemites that in the late 19th and early 20th centuries it was frequently avoided altogether, and the term Hebrew was substituted instead (e.g. Young Men's Hebrew Association). Even today some people are wary of its use, and prefer to use "Jewish". Indeed, when used as an adjective (e.g. "Jew lawyer") or verb (e.g. "to jew someone"),[1] the term Jew is purely pejorative. However, when used as a noun, "Jew" is preferred,[by whom?] as other circumlocutions (e.g. "Jewish person") give the impression that the term "Jew" is offensive in all contexts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew_(word)

Phan: Jew's not a slur
Palma: Ask a jew if he is a jew
Phan: Well, why would I do that?
Palma: Huh?
Phan: #winning

Amendments to RFRA pass Senate 34-16. Ten Democrats voted against it (believing the amendments did not go far enough in LGBTQ protection) and the six "most conservative senate members" voted against it (presumably believing that the protection was not necessary).

Phan: Jew's not a slur
Palma: Ask a jew if he is a jew
Phan: Well, why would I do that?
Palma: Huh?
Phan: #winning

i don't typically ask christians i don't know if they're christian. why would you?

Now those Indiana Native Americans can take all the fucking peyote they want, very cool.

I think we are all missing the larger point here, which is who the fuck gets a pizza parlor to cater their wedding? I mean, more people certainly should because pizza is awesome and great with alcohol, but I've never been to a wedding that served pizza before.

i don't typically ask christians i don't know if they're christian. why would you?

If was walking around in a crowded place and just said the word "Christian" loudly, other than people looking at your weird for talking to yourself, I would not feel the least bit uncomfortable. I'd feel no different than if I said "Train." Can't say the same thing for "Jew"

I think we are all missing the larger point here, which is who the fuck gets a pizza parlor to cater their wedding? I mean, more people certainly should because pizza is awesome and great with alcohol, but I've never been to a wedding that served pizza before.

midwestern rednecks

Finally got around to reading about the pizza place, they actually said in the article that they would serve gay customers, they just wouldn't hypothetically cater a gay wedding

Back