• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inflation

Yeah. I don’t remember how much TVs cost way back when but TVs are pretty cheap now.

Especially for the size. A 60" TV used to be way out of the average person's price range.

CPIChart2018.png

So overall things you need are much more expensive and things you don’t need or at least don’t need of a high quantity or quality are much less expensive.

$15 a month and I can listen to any album in the world uninterrupted. Or I can pay nothing and get a few commercials.

I used to go to the record store and drop $50-$60 a month on CDs.

Halloween fun size candy used to be a lot bigger. But I bet it's not any cheaper.

It seems like Girl Scouts removes a cookie or two from the box while making them more expensive every year.

To answer the OP, home builders make homes like shit these days built fast with cheapo components so that's how they make money.

Hell, we got full sized candy bars not "fun sized" on Halloween.

Hell, we got full sized candy bars not "fun sized" on Halloween.

I have young children, Halloween fucking sucks now. Southern parents have completely killed it with this bullshit "trunk or treat" concept. It's maddening.

30 years ago, I wouldn’t have imagined a guy named Grabs Turds Bare and I would post virtually the same thing at the same time on a internet message board.

I have young children, Halloween fucking sucks now. Southern parents have completely killed it with this bullshit "trunk or treat" concept. It's maddening.

Huh? We still have full Halloween where I live. Y'all drive down the street this October.

Not everyone's wages.

Nice to know that I am HUGELY outperforming that wage growth line.

Of course, I was at Wake in 1997... So very low base.

lol, this graph is basically, "shit that matters in life got more expensive, shit that doesn't got less."

Well, not quite. Food and beverage are pretty even, with clothing and furniture on the cheaper side.

I wonder where would water/electricity/natural gas (household utilities) fall on the graph?

LOL. Your neighborhood just sucks.

Yeah. Halloween in my neighborhood is awesome. The old retirees even give out full size candy bars.

Back