• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Insanity Workout Program

Just finished the 2nd workout...Cardio Resistance. Certainly not the same resistance work out that P90X is but I bet if I stick with this for 60 days I will get similar results as P90X. It seems that Insanity builds more of an athletic body (what I really want) and P90X builds more of a Jersey Shore body.

what exactly do you mean by more of an athletic body as opposed to jersey shore body? ive been working out on my own and have been thinking about trying one of these programs but havent picked one to illegally download yet, but i think id probably want to work towards an athletic body type.. enlighten me

what exactly do you mean by more of an athletic body as opposed to jersey shore body? ive been working out on my own and have been thinking about trying one of these programs but havent picked one to illegally download yet, but i think id probably want to work towards an athletic body type.. enlighten me

I have only done two Insanity workouts so take this for what its worth but...

Insanity seems to be focused on extreme cardio and high reps resistance. That tends to build lean muscle. P90X does have a lean option and Tony does show you how to build lean muscle in most workouts but it seems that the program is more geared to building bulk. There are cardio workouts in P90X but they are not on the same level as the cardio workouts in Insanity...just like the resistance workouts in Insanity are not on the same level as P90X. To be honest, I think you will have good results if you stick with either one but they are not easy.

Rumor has it the insanity workouts are quicker. That true?

insanity_mario.jpg

Rumor has it the insanity workouts are quicker. That true?

Yeah...a little bit. The first 30 days the workouts are about 40 minutes. The second 30 they are between 45 - 50. No additional workouts like abb ripper.

you bite your tongue, THE BISH is a workout legend. he doesn't even listen to music.

Thanks FREEKN!

I never listen to music. It is for the mentally weak. Only time I play music is when I walk into the gym. Intro music. Oh and it plays when I leave too after I break some stuff.

@SkinsNDeacs

I will challenge you to a fast pitch contest. I will dominate you throwing my 65 mph heaters.

Then we can have a push up contest. All at a nats game. Guy who loses, buys the other guy a 60 dollar 6 pack. Except at nats park, thats only 6 tall boy bud heavies.

Yeah...a little bit. The first 30 days the workouts are about 40 minutes. The second 30 they are between 45 - 50. No additional workouts like abb ripper.

Sold. Insanity it is.

@SkinsNDeacs

I will challenge you to a fast pitch contest. I will dominate you throwing my 65 mph heaters.

Then we can have a push up contest. All at a nats game. Guy who loses, buys the other guy a 60 dollar 6 pack. Except at nats park, thats only 6 tall boy bud heavies.
:laugh:

@SkinsNDeacs

Sadly that is not much of an exaggeration.

I think we split...you will have me on the pitch. I throw like a girl...I am basketball player (never played much organized baseball). However, I will dominate you on push ups.

Sold. Insanity it is.

I will tell you...to me they don't seem any shorter because I feel like I am going to die the whole time. My wife says that they seem much shorter to her.

I've just acquired P90x and Insanity. How much are these things when you actually buy them?

Sadly that is not much of an exaggeration.

I think we split...you will have me on the pitch. I throw like a girl...I am basketball player (never played much organized baseball). However, I will dominate you on push ups.

Real pushups. Not the half ass ones. I could prolly do at least 75 in a drunken state.

Real pushups. Not the half ass ones. I could prolly do at least 75 in a drunken state.

75 is strong...It has been a long time since I maxed out on push ups but I bet I could do that many. Maybe I would be buying you 60 bucks worth of Bud heavy.

Just finished Pure Cardio

(I am going to use my first Pit curse word)

HOLY SHIT!

I'm going through my first round of P90X now--love it. I'll probably add Insanity to the mix somewhere down the line after I finish to shake things up a bit.

I'm going through my first round of P90X now--love it. I'll probably add Insanity to the mix somewhere down the line after I finish to shake things up a bit.

I think an Insanity P90X hybrid would be money.

I will probably do the same thing when I am done.

I figured I would post this here, but I'm interested in developing some upper-body strength since I have basically none. I cancelled my membership at the Y, so lifting weights there won't be an option, and since I usually run about 5-6 miles a day, it probably won't be the focus of my fitness routine. I only have 2 10lb dumbbells, so I know I need to buy heavier ones, but what weight? I thought maybe I could do some curls with them, as well as pushups, planks, etc in my living room.

Back