• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Insanity Workout Program

Not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if they were about 45 minutes. Not sure how possible it would be to do a full hour of weighted plyo -type workouts, no matter what shape you are in. But that is just a guess on my part.

has anyone done Insanity The Asylum? I'm doing P90x atm and I'm looking at either getting that or P90X MC2 when it comes out

Congrats. I'm about to wrap up my second full P90X cycle in the past year. I've seen a lot of talk about the upcoming release of P90X2, which was filmed in March. Supposedly it puts the first to shame. We'll see, I'll probably try to pre-order it if possible.

Question - were you able to follow the diet and did you do all the workouts second time around?

I am in Week 5 of my second cycle, but have already abandoned the Yoga (wife complained about losing me that night for 90 minutes) and Kenpo (replaced with shorter cardio workout at the gym). Plus, I find myself cheating more on the diet.

So I'd like to start one of these routines but I'd consider myself to be between poor to average in terms of being in shape, if I was to start a routine which would you guys suggest? I'm assuming the progression would be Power90--> Insanity-->P90X right?

Question - were you able to follow the diet and did you do all the workouts second time around?

I am in Week 5 of my second cycle, but have already abandoned the Yoga (wife complained about losing me that night for 90 minutes) and Kenpo (replaced with shorter cardio workout at the gym). Plus, I find myself cheating more on the diet.

I didn't miss a workout through the first cycle. This time through, I've missed 2 workouts (both Kenpo) and I switched the Yoga to the 45-minute version that is in the 1-on-1 DVDs. I did the progression diet the first time through, but the second go-round I wasn't looking to lose any weight, so I just generally stuck with the high-calorie diet from Phase 3. I eat a ton, but mostly low-fat things (except I will splurge on strawberry-rhubarb pie now that it is in-season), nothing fried in over a year, and supplement with a lot of protein bars and shakes.

So I'd like to start one of these routines but I'd consider myself to be between poor to average in terms of being in shape, if I was to start a routine which would you guys suggest? I'm assuming the progression would be Power90--> Insanity-->P90X right?

Whichever one you are honestly going to stick with. If the motivation of the "more challenging" program will make you stay with it, then do it, who cares if you struggle at first? Vomit cleans up relatively easily. Not to sound like a motivational clown, but the goal isn't just to get through those 60 or 90 days, it is to use those 60 or 90 days to develop a mindset where you enjoy these or similar workouts over the long haul.

Whichever one you are honestly going to stick with. If the motivation of the "more challenging" program will make you stay with it, then do it, who cares if you struggle at first? Vomit cleans up relatively easily. Not to sound like a motivational clown, but the goal isn't just to get through those 60 or 90 days, it is to use those 60 or 90 days to develop a mindset where you enjoy these or similar workouts over the long haul.

I agree.

As far as what work out is "harder" they are very different. Insanity is 10 x more cardo than P90X (and no way I would even attempt it unless I was in decent cardio shape). P90X has way more resistance than Insanity but you can modify it to your level. I would say Power90--->P0X---->Insanity.

Has anyone tried the Spartan Workout? It was developed by the guy who trained the actors for 300 and commonly known as the 300 Workout (although 300 workout is just the fitness test). I've been on it for 2 months now and dropped 3-4" in my waist and that's WITHOUT dieting! And that was starting out with a 36" waist and 195lbs at age 33....I'm not a fattie by any means. I still drink beer like a champ and eat what I want for dinner and the weekends....just make sure I eat a reasonable breakfast, lunch, and snacks in between.

I actually like it better than P90X b/c I got bored as #### doing all those pull up and push up variations. Spartan Workout uses same philosophy of muscle confusion but incorporates more kettle bell lifts through 7 core exercises....varying daily. I can tell a huge difference in my physique and overall level of fitness. best $10 I've ever spent!!

Back