• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Interactive Map of "Racist, Homophobic, and Ableist" Tweets in America

Most interesting part about Texas is all the "hate" is surrounding Austin. I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE CHILL.

According to this map, Tyrrell and Jones counties had the most tweets including the word "nigger".

That's ironic because a guy named Tyrrell Jones would most certainly be black.

hahahahaha

I definitely expected Florida and Texas to be more racist than that. Though I guess the racists there are old and don't know how to use Twitter.

I'm guessing South Florida doesn't light up in blue or red because they weren't checking for the term "schvartze".:couch:

I had an Uncle Ruckus video to post about rotating your slurs, but I figured it's really not appropriate. You can youtube search it if you'd like.

I follow black folks on the Twitter and they say the N word a lot, just saying.

Saying fag is so done these days, this was eye opening.

I follow black folks on the Twitter and they say the N word a lot, just saying.

Saying fag is so done these days, this was eye opening.

not with a hard r doe! one of my buddies was mad because apparently he was called that with a hard r, which was very offensive to him.

Why does the word "spick" have a k on it? Shouldn't it be "spic"? Don't these racist assholes know how to spell?

Also, I'm surprised there isn't more racism and homophobia in California, at least relative to the East Coast.

there is a hot spot of cripple-hating in the swamp just south of the Albemarle Sound. Strange.

I learned about connotation in 6th grade English.

150k isn't the sample. It's the population of tweets that meet the criteria for this study over an 11 month period.

I clicked on Athens and the results did not surprise me. The hotbed of racial hate here is in Madison County, a traditionally farming community (but now a bedroom community of subdivisions) with a very small minority population. I guess rural areas lead to ignorance, and people fear/hate what they don't know.

The biggest surprise for was was seeing all the racism in the northeast and midwest. Granted it seems to be centralized in the "white-flight" suburbs and rural areas, but I always assumed that it was mainly a southern thing.

New England as I remember it wasn't as much anti-black as anti-puertorican (all hispanics assumed to be puertorican, unlike in the south where they're all mexican)

Back