• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

Public pensions are allocated 10-15% to commercial real estate. That's the largest investment allocation of all institutional investors in the space. So I guess all those wealthy firemen and school teachers seeking gains are really out to screw everyone else.
Public pensions are managed by the financial sector to pour money into maximizing gains for whatever shit wealthy people get themselves into.

You don't have a real point. Pensions are one way the wealthy use the rest of us to buffer themselves.

Still has not found a way that some investors losing money in one area that they invest in could materially affect our lives.

Still has not found a way that some investors losing money in one area that they invest in could materially affect our lives.
As noted earlier, a credit crisis is a pretty obvious way all our lives could be materially affected. NVM the fact the average investor likely has exposure to the space. We don't live in a vacuum, much as Ph (and apparently others) want to delve into the realm of pretend worlds.

As noted earlier, a credit crisis is a pretty obvious way all our lives could be materially affected. NVM the fact the average investor likely has exposure to the space. We don't live in a vacuum, much as Ph (and apparently others) want to delve into the realm of pretend worlds.
Seems like we’ve been through a ton of these “crises” and not much has changed. It gets managed.

DeacMan, you need to read again. My point is that we don't live in a vacuum and that's a problem.

The "damage in the process" is a consistent feature of our economy. It's not a reason for us to prop up your wealth. It always comes down to paying your bills and picking up your losses or else.

Privatize gains, subsidize losses. Vague threats of bad things happening if we let the investors lose money. So fucking stupid.

DeacMan, you need to read again. My point is that we don't live in a vacuum and that's a problem.

The "damage in the process" is a consistent feature of our economy. It's not a reason for us to prop up your wealth. It always comes down to paying your bills and picking up your losses or else.
Sounds like you want to move to rural Montana with a pile of seeds and some cattle, squat on some land and avoid contact with the broader world.

Yet you're the one saying a credit crisis will "get managed" with no ill effects.
There's always ill effects. The economy doesn't work for the vast majority of people.

Of course not.

We must be talking about different ill effects. I'm talking from the standpoint of a regular person who works for a living. You're talking from the standpoint of a wealthy investor.

Does anyone have experience with Sub2 and Seller Financing within real estate investing? Our family is looking to pursue this route to potentially get into markets (Raleigh, Charlotte, Greenville SC) that may currently be out of our price range through a traditional investment property strategy.

I don’t have any money in crypto.

One way to imagine we’d be severely harmed by commercial real estate collapse or crisis is enhanced opportunity for our former asshole idiot in chief to become re-elected.

Back