• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

My 2 cents: more people will want in at the lower price point than will cash out.

Yeah if it was me in that situation I’d hang on. What do you have to lose, as you said it’s house money.

The risk to your portfolio isn’t any higher than it was a month ago, every day you hold those shares you’re exposed to the same concentration risk.

I'm not confident in anything related to TSLA's stock, but the stock split should have zero impact on the company's valuation.

Would lean in the direction of it perhaps giving some retail bros a cheaper price to buy shares, but you can already do fractional shares... It's also such a small chunk relative to institutional money.

But the stock disconnected from reality a long time ago, so I have no idea.

What's the smartest way to short America in November? Because if Trumps loses he won't accept it and will throw everything into chaos for the next month or two and if Trump wins this country will slide further into becoming the second world, war lord ruled, hell hole that is our destiny.

Last edited:
If Trump wins I would move all your money into defense funds. There is no way he goes a second term without getting to play with his military toys.

FUCK

The answer was sell this morning. I exited my position, but took a small hit because it was this afternoon instead of this morning. Still made, but could have had a bigger win.

Been sitting on 11,000 shares of GE for some years now thru an inheritance. When I got my hands on them they were at $11/share, as opposed to over $40 when Jack Welch retired. So if they had just kept the share price when Jack exited, we're looking at around half a mil. If the stock had tracked the DOW since his retirement, then around $1.5 mil. Instead, at a whopping $6/share the account is today worth around $70K.
Not complaining b/c the stock was a "gift", but had it done reasonably well I could have made some grand kids and a few local benevolences very happy upon my demise.

Yea, I bought GE years ago at about 12-15. So...:(

I'd suggest hanging on to them at this point.

Yeah, GE has a great CEO who will turn this thing around over the next few years. I’d stick with it. No reason it can’t double or triple from here in 2-3 years.

Been sitting on 11,000 shares of GE for some years now thru an inheritance. When I got my hands on them they were at $11/share, as opposed to over $40 when Jack Welch retired. So if they had just kept the share price when Jack exited, we're looking at around half a mil. If the stock had tracked the DOW since his retirement, then around $1.5 mil. Instead, at a whopping $6/share the account is today worth around $70K.
Not complaining b/c the stock was a "gift", but had it done reasonably well I could have made some grand kids and a few local benevolences very happy upon my demise.

Not to mention the dividend has been decimated.

One thing I'd mention about TSLA NKLA NIO, etc...

There are more than a dozen EV / Auto Technology companies coming public soon. Many of them through SPACs. Some will work. Some will fail. The broader point is SPACs are vehicles (pardon the pun) that tend to pop up when interest in a particular space is peaking. Follow-on offerings are also a similar indicator and we are seeing that as well.

Lots of places for EV / Auto Tech capital to flow to. Be careful out there.

FUCK

The answer was sell this morning. I exited my position, but took a small hit because it was this afternoon instead of this morning. Still made, but could have had a bigger win.

I considered selling 20% this morning to recoup my initial investment, but whenever I looked it was consistently rising. So I am still holding it all.

I considered selling 20% this morning to recoup my initial investment, but whenever I looked it was consistently rising. So I am still holding it all.

I exited Friday. Bought calls this morning with the earnings (as soon as fucking Ameritrade stopped being a cunt). Currently wiping my ass with Benjamins.

Investments! Say no more. I have a money man in randleman who is unbelievable! Please let me know if you would like more information

Thoughts on XOM?

It's gonna go up...the question is "when"? The answer is "when we start using oil again," but who the fuck knows when that is. I target mid to late 2021. As early as a strong April, but could peter into the late fall.

Market is taking it on the chin today.

How do people securely own bitcoin/crypto?

Looks like the nasdaq shooting up was in part due to softbank going heavy all in on call options, and the other people on the side of those trades buying the stocks to hedge against their positions.

Looks like the nasdaq shooting up was in part due to softbank going heavy all in on call options, and the other people on the side of those trades buying the stocks to hedge against their positions.

Yeah, we’ve been talking about this at my firm for a few weeks now. Couldn’t figure out who was doing it, but it was HUGE volumes, so it had to be someone big.

It’s definitely the type of thing that could make this recent run unravel, but it’s still tough to bet against the Fed.

Back