• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

XSPA - down 44% since purchase but it's a small position so i will continue to stay in it
COIN - down 15% since purchase, fuck you crypto
SPY - up 9% since purchase, why the hell do i try to pick anything

and this made me realize that i have $5k of cash just sitting there doing nothing so i grant knight the right to choose where it goes so long as i can buy it on etrade

BNGO if you want to hold it less than a month.
SQFT if you want to hold it more than a month (sell right before dividend).

thought i had an automatic sell order in but apparently not.

hmmm if i get any calls from FINRA i have to refer them to this board.

A pretty cool stonk I'm looking at is BLOZF. I bought a few hundred shares around a buck. It's a THC breathalyzer and seems to have a good chance at being a big player in the space.

This hasn't aged well.

It has not. What the fuck, Creamy?

Shit. I didn't think anyone would actually listen to me. I was mainly mocking the reddtards

This may be the top bad trade on the Investment Thread. I'm still bag holding a -66% position. Creamy, I love you.

UPST is up 250% since I mentioned it back in March. NNOX has not done well (though I still expect big things). I dropped a couple big winners way too early though in MRNA and TEAM. CELH has also killed it even though I've yet to see it in any stores up around Boston.

I've also cut ties on a few 50% losers just to weigh the good picks out. Pretty heavy into US marijuana though, just waiting for legalization or at least SAFE to pass.

One of you guys on CNBC?

Did that guy really not know or he had technical difficulties? UPST isn't a terribly difficult company to understand and its not like they're some small microcap no one has heard of. I don't watch CNBC though - is this guy a regular?

Did that guy really not know or he had technical difficulties? UPST isn't a terribly difficult company to understand and its not like they're some small microcap no one has heard of. I don't watch CNBC though - is this guy a regular?

Not a regular, but a "known" investor in that he's written books and runs trading seminars.

I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt on the technical issues, but the way it played out it looked like he had no idea what he was talking about and that made me laugh.

Not a regular, but a "known" investor in that he's written books and runs trading seminars.

I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt on the technical issues, but the way it played out it looked like he had no idea what he was talking about and that made me laugh.

You cash gang? I've closed all my play money except for one position (SQFT). I'll probably unload it in early November. It's a REIT, so it pumps before the quarterly dividend issue. I'm going to ride that pump, then I'll be 100% cash.

Thinking of taking the cash and building a rental property. Bricks do better with inflation/deflation.

Looks like he's getting destroyed this morning on social media. It does seem like he pulled the I can't hear you trick to stall/end the call.

I can't hear you, even though I can time my responses to your questions that I can't hear correctly.

DWAC, the SPAC behind Trump's latest social media con has gone from $11 to $91 in 24 hours. I only got in light around $30 and have some pretty generous stop losses set in case it knifes GME style.

Got a feeling it's going to run into the 100's today and then an absolutely biblical crash.

DWAC, the SPAC behind Trump's latest social media con has gone from $11 to $91 in 24 hours. I only got in light around $30 and have some pretty generous stop losses set in case it knifes GME style.

Got a feeling it's going to run into the 100's today and then an absolutely biblical crash.

You have a stronger stomach than I do. I can't trade that way. Hope you crush it.

You have a stronger stomach than I do. I can't trade that way. Hope you crush it.

I never risk more than 5% on shit like this. I got nuked on the GME stuff when I YOLO'd a huge chunk of my portfolio. Lesson learned.

Back