• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

ATS and folks,

I'm cash gang to the tune of 100. I'm moving it to bricks, but does anyone have a quick "bet on black, you can't lose" pick for the next 30 days?

it's more like 60 days but still applies

qP1Co5f.png

I appreciate the honesty. We're on the same page.

Go with metals for a short bit. There's a strange bizarre divergence in physical & spot price again where "junk" silver that normally trades near spot has been trading at like 20-30% premium to spot in the actual market in the past 60 days. I think we'll be back to $26 spot silver in the very short term, then probably bail out cause long term I have no idea.

MRNA is getting bitch slapped. Dont see how this doesnt rebound as a nicer long term play

MRNA is getting bitch slapped. Dont see how this doesnt rebound as a nicer long term play

You didn't hear? PFE cured COVID. MRK also cured COVID, just not as well and with more side effects. Why keep getting booster shots if you can just take a pill once you get COVID?

You didn't hear? PFE cured COVID. MRK also cured COVID, just not as well and with more side effects. Why keep getting booster shots if you can just take a pill once you get COVID?

i guess if you think of Moderna as solely a Covid prevention/company i wouldnt be about that business

I was mostly kidding. But it has been a COVID play and that's a tough narrative in the near term.

Woof, the wife bought Merck stock a month ago and hasn’t stopped talking about it. I ain’t gonna tell her

what reports or whatever are getting published today that are sending the medical stocks into big movements?

what reports or whatever are getting published today that are sending the medical stocks into big movements?

It's mostly around PFE and their announcement that the trial of its oral antiviral Paxlovid for coronavirus showed an 89% reduction in risk of hospitalization or death. They will cease further study enrollment due to overwhelming efficacy and they plan to seek emergency use authorization as soon as possible.

PFE had been kind of playing this down for months, so the data being so strong was a surprise.

Bad for all of the vaccine names. And also bad for MRK because PFE's solution is better than theirs (89% vs. 50%).

Beyond that, it's just a tough day for Healthcare stocks (that aren't PFE).

Looks like US marijuana stocks have hit bottom - back to back double digit % days and big volume starting to come in with hints that the SAFE bill will be passed before end of year. Blockchain tech is continuing to shoot up as well. Loopring has been going crazy the past week or so.

Looks like US marijuana stocks have hit bottom - back to back double digit % days and big volume starting to come in with hints that the SAFE bill will be passed before end of year. Blockchain tech is continuing to shoot up as well. Loopring has been going crazy the past week or so.

Not getting sucked in on weed plays again. The Biden admin clearly isn't actually going to do shit about federal legalization, nor would they get anything passed if they tried.

I feel a little dirty but I have been riding that Blackstone Carlyle Apollo train and it's been very very good.

And there's the Evergrande default. That combined with the 6.fucking.3% CPI this morning has turned the SPY to shit.

Bloodbath yesterday but bouncing back strong today. SoFi and U on nice little runs. UPST crashed back to reality after tripling since August.

As I don't feel like reading through this entire 86 page thread, I'm looking for some recommendations for what people are using to buy crypto and to take a flyer on random stocks that they hope do well. With crypto, I would want to be able to purchase fractional shares (if that's what they are called) and not sure if it is best to use something like coinbase, robinhood, or something else I don't even know about.

Ideally, I think I would like to be able to buy and sell crypto and individual stocks in the same place, but I'm open to using different apps for both if need be. As an FYi, the wife and I are already setup through Fidelity for back door Roth IRAs and a joint robo-advisor brokerage account and I would've just used them for this, but they don't do crypto.

Last edited:
If wanting to do both in the same place, would probably recommend Sofi. They have a limited amount of crypto available for purchase but all of the major players. However, you should store crypto on a wallet. I use TrustWallet.

Back