• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is he fired yet?

It's all because of the Chicken...

Well, I can't deny this.

Granted, there have been other times that the fans have actually been into the game. When we show remote competence, the crowd typically gets pretty jazzed up.

This is incorrect. Have you been attending games? I attend with my kids, and they sit with a bunch of other kids. There are children all over the stadium, especially for Saturday afternoon games.

Look at our last three games. We played at home against State in front of 13,000 people, at Pittsburgh in front of 2000 people, and at home against Notre Dame in front of 10,000. If for some reason you don’t believe the wake and pitt attendance numbers, then look at the still pictures from all three of those games.

We have a very impressive fan base for all the bad b-ball we have had over the past 8 years.

LOL. I remember attending games as a kid when the Joel was empty too. We sat around paying zero attention to the game. We were there to hang...most were UNC or State fans.

Does defending this mess the last 8 years not get tiring? Your stamina is impressive. Guess the paycheck helps.

Some of Ron's invisible attendees clearly seen in these lower level seats:
13143358.jpeg

LOL. I remember attending games as a kid when the Joel was empty too. We sat around paying zero attention to the game. We were there to hang...most were UNC or State fans.

Does defending this mess the last 8 years not get tiring? Your stamina is impressive. Guess the paycheck helps.

I'm not defending our play or Manning. I am talking about our fans. They continue to show up, obviously not as much as when we are really good, but we still have decent attendance. I was responding to the poster that said, "...the only people still going to games are olds with absolutely nothing better to do than see painfully bad ballgame..."

Some of Ron's invisible attendees clearly seen in these lower level seats:
13143358.jpeg

This is my point - it's obviously not a sellout (there were 4000 empty seats), but there were 10,000 people there, which is pretty impressive given how much we have struggled.

This is my point - it's obviously not a sellout (there were 4000 empty seats), but there were 10,000 people there, which is pretty impressive given how much we have struggled.

Amazing anybody went to that game as nice as the weather was on Saturday. Goes to show how little there is to do in the Triad.

Amazing anybody went to that game as nice as the weather was on Saturday. Goes to show how little there is to do in the Triad.

Based on the number of croakies, it looked like a lot of the fans were from Charlotte.

Based on the number of croakies, it looked like a lot of the fans were from Charlotte.

Not sure why anyone would drive an hour and a half to watch that mess.

Maybe we should run a promotion where fans get Chick-Fil-A sandwiches if we score a basket in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Maybe we should run a promotion where fans get Chick-Fil-A sandwiches if we score a basket in the last 5 minutes of the game.

I’m sure CFA is in for this low-risk marketing opportunity.

Double-or-nothing on Sunday games, right?

What they SHOULD do is sell $2 beers until the 5 minute mark of the second half.

Really has been a breath of fresh air. Keatts is awesome. Yow hit it out of the park with her hires of him and Doeren.

Keatts is a stud, but not Doeren. What has he really accomplished of any significance through year 5? He’s not that far removed from having to win at unc to keep his job. I guess if beating the cheats 3 out of 5 is significant, or winning 3 meh bowl games.

Back