• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it time to retire the motorcycle into ?

Is it time to retire the motorcycle during the starting line up?

• Yes

Votes: 77 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 56 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with deacdixie except I'm take it or leave it with the tie-dyes.

I'm sure there's a cratedigger on campus who can come up with some music that's good, but relatively obscure that will make a hype intro that we can call our own.

Tie dyes gone. Motorcycle gone. New era - fresh start. Get rid of all Wellman stench.

I wonder if Forbes still has his scooter from his days in Florida.

I don’t think you understand. The motorcycle is what the Deacon drives. It’s his chosen mode of transportation, and it’s awesome.

What do you think he should drive? A Tesla? A skateboard? There is no better mode of transportation for the Deacon than a motorcycle. End of story.
Jesus Christ.

Stop trying to make fetch a thing again, Rafi

Have some fucking pride in yourself.

Voted yes as well but whatever Coach Forbes wants is fine with me.....😎

My thing is, what are we going to do in place of the motor cycle. Some student mascot just swinging around a flag? I don’t understand why everyone wants to ditch the motorcycle. It’s loud, obnoxious, and Coach K apparently hates it. What’s not to like?

I like the motorcycle, its unique (or relatively unique, not aware of others) and the fact that K hates its goes a long way with me. But if Forbes and staff have another idea, I'm good with that. I would like a new song that we could call our own.

My thing is, what are we going to do in place of the motor cycle. Some student mascot just swinging around a flag? I don’t understand why everyone wants to ditch the motorcycle. It’s loud, obnoxious, and Coach K apparently hates it. What’s not to like?

Agreed. Keep the motorcycle. Kids and first time visitors to the Joel/Groves love it and it’s certainly unique. I understand the sentiment about Tie Dye, as that represents a specific era and a coaching staff more. The motorcycle is a staple throughout our major programs.

I like the motorcycle, its unique (or relatively unique, not aware of others) and the fact that K hates its goes a long way with me. But if Forbes and staff have another idea, I'm good with that. I would like a new song that we could call our own.

Agreed. Keep the motorcycle. Kids and first time visitors to the Joel/Groves love it and it’s certainly unique. I understand the sentiment about Tie Dye, as that represents a specific era and a coaching staff more. The motorcycle is a staple throughout our major programs.

All of this. It’s a weird thing to hate. I could see Coach Forbes liking it.

I'm on the ditch the bike crowd, but I would accept bringing it out one game a year. Just to piss off K. All in on the bike for football, it is what the Deacon rides.

I would rather get rid of the 2 inflatable deacons which make us look like a used car lot. Just annoying to see.

What does an ideal intro look like for the folks wanting to ditch the bike? Beyond “whatever Forbes likes”?

This.

You talking about the motorcycle or coach Forbes?:D

Back