• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Jeff [Redacted] Now the Most Hated Person in Wake Forest History?

I think he narrowly beats out a hypothetical amalgam of Dean Smith, Hitler and the dean from Animal House.

If you think about it, the dean from Animal House reminds one of Wellman...Wasn't his name Wulmer???

The only person I really didn't like in my time as an undergrad at Wake was Wellman...I had a couple of bad interactions with him. I thought maybe it was just me that was the problem because everyone else was so high on Wellman at the time. Then Wellman took a page from the Stalin playbook and went all heil hilter on our asses and boom we have the clusterfuck that we are in now.

Not sure why numbers is trashing Ish Smith in this thread. I know for a fact he never stole any mashed potatoes.

I have a source who says that it wasn't Ish Smith and mashed potatoes, but was Mike Drum with his dick in the ice cream. #sources

I don't hate him. I bet he's not a bad person, he's just not a good coach and he happens to have terrible communication skills. I am more upset with the lack of performance based accountability in the athletic department, particularly basketball and football. He is only here because he is continually allowed to keep his job. That's on Wellman, Hatch, the BOT (if they care), and the top DC people who allow this shit.

#WellmanOUT

Couldn't agree more with this. I am sure he isn't a terrible guy but I do not blame him for having this job. I blame those that keep giving him the leash to hold on to this job.

I don't think Hacktar qualifies - much more associated with UNC.

I'd say it's a tie between Wellman and Buzzdick.

I don't hate him. I bet he's not a bad person, he's just not a good coach and he happens to have terrible communication skills. I am more upset with the lack of performance based accountability in the athletic department, particularly basketball and football. He is only here because he is continually allowed to keep his job. That's on Wellman, Hatch, the BOT (if they care), and the top DC people who allow this shit.

#WellmanOUT

This. To me, hating [Redacted] is like hating the 6-year old who lives next door for shooting your car door with his pellet gun three days in a row. His dumbass father shouldn't have given a pellet gun to a 6-year old to begin with, or at least should have taken it away after the first two times.

Last edited:
I used to say it was nothing personal. I just wanted him gone.

Now I despise the guy. And I still want him gone.

I'll always hate Wellman more than Buzz. Buzz is Buzz. He's a loser and has always been a loser, so what has happened in his time here in W-S really doesn't surprise me. That's why I'll always place the blame first on Wellman.

I have a source who says that it wasn't Ish Smith and mashed potatoes, but was Mike Drum with his dick in the ice cream. #sources

Ah, homage to Mantan Moreland. Like it.

ETA: Clearly the most hated since Hooks. Likely the most hated of all time.

Last edited:
Don't think Wellman would be that high because he has an ACC FB title, Deacon Tower, new scoreboard, baseball stadium, etc. to balance the [Redacted] failure. History will smile kindly on him, and he knows it will.

Don't think Wellman would be that high because he has an ACC FB title, Deacon Tower, new scoreboard, baseball stadium, etc. to balance the [Redacted] failure. History will smile kindly on him, and he knows it will.

It will never smile kindly on the most arrogant man to walk the quad who also destroyed our basketball program.

Back