• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Jeff [Redacted] Now the Most Hated Person in Wake Forest History?

Yeah, fair enough. The problem with the whole "Grobe reigns" perspective is that when the offense manages to perform well, Lobo gets all the credit- including from Grobe. When the offense performs, as it usually does, like shit- Grobe takes the blame and Lobo is insulated. Fact is, Lobo is the OC. The other fact is that the same loyalty that Grobe showed in rebuffing Arkansas and likely other programs is the same loyalty that he shows his assistants. It became a two-edged sword, especially when things were going bad.

But good call on the "hate the man." Many said similar things about Coach Caldwell who, for many of us, has a character beyond reproach. Success as WF HC? Not so much. In times of woe, hyperbole can take hold and people say things like "I hope he gets cancer and dies." Things like that have been said of [Redacted], I'm sure. People don't actually mean it- they're just pissed we lost yet ANOTHER game.

Also, very good points. Shielding Lobo from criticism is what Grobe does. But, I do think Grobe meddles (even though I have never, ever seen him speak on the sidelines - telepathy?). If Wake had a top notch OC, chances are they would not react well to Grobe's meddling. That is why Lobo is the perfect sheep for Grobe.

I can't even think of anybody else who Wake Forest fans have hated as much as we hate Jeff [Redacted]. The question is meant to be serious: has there ever been anybody else associated with Wake Forest and worked/coached/played/taught or whatever at Wake who fans hate more than Jeff [Redacted]? I don't think there is.

He may have finally won something at Wake: least favorite person of all-time

I still have a firm commitment to a certain pos religion professor at Wake.

There are people that are part of the WFU family that I don't like, but I have never thought that Bzzz is part of the WFU family...he is an interloper designed primarily to wreck our hoops program.

I think the girl that went on good morning america would give Jeff a run for his money

its a tie between Ken Zick and H2.

and H2 is the most condescending prick i have ever met. A small man with a lot of unchecked power.

Dean Holmes? That guy is probably one of the 5 nicest guys I've ever met. Spent a good deal of time with him when he was leading a service trip I went on to South Africa.

I've met the guy, he's not bad. Just slightly eccentric.

I don't hate him, I just can't like him.

Dean Holmes? That guy is probably one of the 5 nicest guys I've ever met. Spent a good deal of time with him when he was leading a service trip I went on to South Africa.

i have had multilple interactions with him (mostly in administrative and not discipline matters) and in each instance he acted as a fuedal prince who had made up his mind before i walked in the room. i bet he is a nice guy in a non-wrok setting. He is a prick on campus though

i have had multilple interactions with him (mostly in administrative and not discipline matters) and in each instance he acted as a fuedal prince who had made up his mind before i walked in the room. i bet he is a nice guy in a non-wrok setting. He is a prick on campus though

Maybe so. Sounds like butt hurt though.

Maybe so. Sounds like butt hurt though.

Dean Holmes Sucks

rob-gronkowski-sorry-partying.jpg

YES! Oh shit, hadn't thought about that in a long time...

By Maggie Barrett
April 19, 2005

Wake Forest University Police arrested a Wake Forest student April 15 in connection with graffiti that started appearing early this month on several buildings across campus. The student, a sophomore, is charged with nine counts of injury to real property.

Much of the graffiti consisted of the letters "syst" written in black marker or black spray paint on the doors, walls or columns of the following buildings: Manchester Athletic Center, Benson University Center, Calloway Center of Business, Mathematics and Computer Science, Miller Center, Reynolds Gymnasium, Z. Smith Reynolds Library, as well as Greene, Kitchin, Reynolda and Tribble halls.

Graffiti also appeared in other areas of campus, including the stone wall behind Reynolda Hall and a road-side sign between Reynolda Hall and Reynolds Gymnasium. The graffiti on the sign differed from the graffiti on the other areas in that it was done with gold spray paint.

The graffiti also included phrases such as "That syst guy, he's bad" and "Stop following," as well as doodles, such as a face, spray painted on one of the slate stair landings of Reynolda Hall.

Facilities Management has already begun cleaning up the graffiti.

Did they ever catch this person and figure out why he/she was doing this? What did syst mean? I was here for this but don't remember what happened.

it was just some pre-hipster douche, he got away with a slap on the wrist and stayed in school. which worked out well bc he had good strength

it was just some pre-hipster douche, he got away with a slap on the wrist and stayed in school. which worked out well bc he had good strength

it was hilarious how up in arms people got about it. he was in a couple of my philosophy classes i think.

vtwhatetc would disagree.

I still didn't get that, he showed the picture with her as being like a 120 pound dude, and then when he was on the buzzout news he looked to be like 180-190, not the same guy?

Back