• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is the growth of practice fields good for MSD?

I knew about the trails but never once ventured onto them. Just never got around to it. I always assumed it/they were pitifully short - like a half mile or something. Am I wrong? There just isn't that much land back there. If you start walking through the woods behind Palmer dorm in about five mins you're going to be on the Old Town golf course, no?

Yes, but then they doubled back, so if you knew how to do the trails you could get a pretty good run in. Like the others who have posted, I ran them a good many times. Great for clearing the head during stressful times.

Yes, but then they doubled back, so if you knew how to do the trails you could get a pretty good run in. Like the others who have posted, I ran them a good many times. Great for clearing the head during stressful times.

IIRC, I ran a few 5ks that snaked around the trails and didn't double back too much (of course I could be mistaken.

IIRC, I ran a few 5ks that snaked around the trails and didn't double back too much (of course I could be mistaken.

Well, when I would run them I would start out by Kitchen and pick up the trail by the water tower field. I think by doubling back I'm referring to the inner loop you see inside the larger loop on the right of the illustration. There were ways of taking shortcuts and making other moves to vary the course, so not everyone's experience will be the same, I guess. I first ran them during a sports cap in the 70s, and we ran them without any loops if I recall.

Trail.png

The whole loop is two miles (including 'Deacon', which was razed for the Barn).

Back