• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is the "individual mandate" a good idea?

The biggest problem with hell will be putting up with keeper. Glad I will not end up in that place.

Do such Jews believe in heaven?

yep....the concept is how could a God who is love create a place that is based on hate and pain. Plus man isn't supposed to be perfect.

We're also lazier than our Catholic cousins. We don't have to confess our sins every week or every month. Once a year then some cake is fine.

This is why I dislike religious arguments: Nobody has any definitive answers. There is no way to prove...or really know...who is "right" or who is "wrong" in his views & beliefs. In spite of all protestations to the contrary, all anyone has in the area of religion is his own beliefs. He can only choose to live his life in accordance with those beliefs.

And this is also why religion has no place at all in politics....and certainly not in our government or its laws.

So true.

We already have an individual mandate. We are required to treat anyone that comes into an emergency room. That visit is then funded by government. That government bill is then passed on to the tax payers. We are paying for everyone else's insurance already, might as well be smart about it. I have no problem with an individual mandate.

Yup. I have to spread rep before giving again, but this is true. All the talk about the fine points of law are interesting, but in reality we are already paying for universal health care.

Back