• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this the culture RW wanted when he hired Bzzz?

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Much has been said about the "culture" problems that existed under Dino and how we had to clean it up. But I do not remember at any time under Dino a team in as much disarray as this team. Thomas throws most of the team under the bus saying they don't show up and only three guys play hard. Bzzz makes excuse after excuse blaming poor performance on non existent injuries, in other words flat out lying! Sophs don't like the senior the senior doesn't like anybody. In blow out games Bzzz refuses to play the walk ons. What a great example this team and its coach is for WFU. Personally, I think this is just another area where Bzzz has failed completely. Even when things are not going your way, you can play hard, play good defense and rebound the ball. This team has had all the life sucked out of it. Oh, one other thing, Thomas is certainly a poster boy for good sportsmanship. How many Ts has he gotten this year? Is is quick to bitch at the refs, the press and his teammates. What a culture we have now! Thanks Ron and Bzzz job not well done.:mad:

Oh heavens yes.

You should edit the post : much has been said of the (mirage/made-up/fake) culture ......

Much has been said about the "culture" problems that existed under Dino and how we had to clean it up. But I do not remember at any time under Dino a team in as much disarray as this team. Thomas throws most of the team under the bus saying they don't show up and only three guys play hard. Bzzz makes excuse after excuse blaming poor performance on non existent injuries, in other words flat out lying! Sophs don't like the senior the senior doesn't like anybody. In blow out games Bzzz refuses to play the walk ons. What a great example this team and its coach is for WFU. Personally, I think this is just another area where Bzzz has failed completely. Even when things are not going your way, you can play hard, play good defense and rebound the ball. This team has had all the life sucked out of it. Oh, one other thing, Thomas is certainly a poster boy for good sportsmanship. How many Ts has he gotten this year? Is is quick to bitch at the refs, the press and his teammates. What a culture we have now! Thanks Ron and Bzzz job not well done.:mad:

Thomas strikes me as similar to a Josh Howard, in several regards. The kid's got a ton of ability. I am hoping we find a coach who can help transform him like Skip did with Josh Howard, although I am not confident we'll find an adequate center soon enough that we can move Thomas to the 4 where his future really needs to be.

JH was All-ACC 2nd team as a soph and 3rd team as a junior.

Sucks for Devin, he is just a kid out there playing ball, he doesn't deserve the blame for this. Wake fans should be grateful he still puts on a uniform. I am ashamed of Wake Forest right now. I really feel terrible for the players on the team and the shit Wellman and Bzz have put them through. The players are owed an apology, I have never seen the Wake Fan base ever be in such a state. If the BOT don't fix this in a few weeks, it is all over for a long time. This whole situation just sucks. Wellman has got to go.

Sucks for Devin, he is just a kid out there playing ball, he doesn't deserve the blame for this. Wake fans should be grateful he still puts on a uniform. I am ashamed of Wake Forest right now. I really feel terrible for the players on the team and the shit Wellman and Bzz have put them through. The players are owed an apology, I have never seen the Wake Fan base ever be in such a state. If the BOT don't fix this in a few weeks, it is all over for a long time. This whole situation just sucks. Wellman has got to go.

Don't think anyone is blaming Thomas for the mess Wake basketball is in. Just that he is not a posterboy for the "culture" RW said he was after. It may very well be that he is just as frustrated as the rest of us and is looking for any way to vent. Just saying that the current back biting is not very attractive.

Constantly losing spawns lots of bad things. I feel for the players.

After four years of Wellman's hiring [Redacted] and his culture/February-March complaints about Dino, does anyone believe our program, in any way, is better than it was four years ago?

It is worse. Much of the same stuff is going on with the players behind the scenes, it just isnt getting dragged through the streets. Oh, and we are not winning now.

At least we havent been losing early in the NCAAs these last four years.

http://onthejon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/[Redacted].jpg

We are worse off now than we were 4 years ago. You cannot cultivate a winning program with a proven loser as the leader and you cannot expect a champions attitude from players who have been exposed to the opposite for 2-4 years.
Our players are the children of the dysfunctional marriage of Ron and Bz. You have to expect poor attitudes, in-fighting, and sub-par on the court performances.

Dysfunction begets dysfunction.

The players on court/off court problems are simply a symptom of the [Redacted]/Wellman cancer.

Thomas strikes me as similar to a Josh Howard, in several regards. The kid's got a ton of ability. I am hoping we find a coach who can help transform him like Skip did with Josh Howard, although I am not confident we'll find an adequate center soon enough that we can move Thomas to the 4 where his future really needs to be.

aren't you forgetting about daniel green, or is he headed straight to springfield?

We are worse off now than we were 4 years ago. You cannot cultivate a winning program with a proven loser as the leader and you cannot expect a champions attitude from players who have been exposed to the opposite for 2-4 years.
Our players are the children of the dysfunctional marriage of Ron and Bz. You have to expect poor attitudes, in-fighting, and sub-par on the court performances.

Dysfunction begets dysfunction.

The players on court/off court problems are simply a symptom of the [Redacted]/Wellman cancer.

In your estimation, are the off court problems similar to those pre-Buzz? I've heard about a few through the grapevine, but I'd be interested in knowing whether these guys have run into similar problems as in the past.

Back