• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this what optimism feels like?

DeaconWalker

Reaction score
I don't know...I haven't felt it in so long I had forgotten what it feels like.

We're going to wish we were 4-8 next season. It's going to take time. Be optimistic but remember: you're still a Wake fan.

A friendly reminder

http://www.mensbasketballhoopscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jeff-[Redacted]-wake-forest.jpg

I had optimism once. She was Brazilian, or Chinese, or something weird. I met her in the bathroom of a K-Mart and we made out for hours. Then we parted ways, never to see each other again.

I had optimism once. She was Brazilian, or Chinese, or something weird. I met her in the bathroom of a K-Mart and we made out for hours. Then we parted ways, never to see each other again.

I love lamp.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Ok...I'm pretty sure that's not optimism.

We're going to wish we were 4-8 next season. It's going to take time. Be optimistic but remember: you're still a Wake fan.

Yeah, the cupboard is pretty bare. I was in the camp to give Grobe another year last year, but in retrospect, that appears to have been the wrong decision. But if we're mildly competitive on the field next year, and he can start landing a lot more 3*s in recruiting, I'll be pumped for the football future.

There will be little things we need to notice. O-line blocking; secondary coverages; pass rushing; and discipline (which is to say players maintain what Grobe has instilled).

More than anything it is the energy surrounding the guy that has me optimistic.

More than anything it is the energy surrounding the guy that has me optimistic.

THis is how I felt leaving deacon tower yesterday. I know I left there feeling pretty damn good about the direction of Wake football. Don't know if this will translate into wins, but I'm telling you folks I'm buying what he's selling. Dude had all the right answers that's for sure. I'm not sure who it was but a lady next to me leaned over and whispered "I wonder if he can coach basketball." I feel like we've won something and a game hasn't even been played yet.

Yeah, next year I'm hoping to see glimpses of what we will be 3 years from now. Maybe with a coach who is going to "try" to win games, as opposed to "try not to lose" games, we can sneak a few W's next year and roll into year 2 with something to look forward to. Lord knows if any fan base needs something to get behind its ours.

I was about to post that damn, it feels good to be a proud Deacon again.

Yeah, next year I'm hoping to see glimpses of what we will be 3 years from now. Maybe with a coach who is going to "try" to win games, as opposed to "try not to lose" games, we can sneak a few W's next year and roll into year 2 with something to look forward to. Lord knows if any fan base needs something to get behind its ours.

Yeah the first time he runs a play going into halftime instead of taking a knee I think I just might do backflips.

Back