• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this what optimism feels like?

I remember Grobe's first couple of years. We weren't winning insane amounts of games but the level of play was immediately higher and noticeable. It wasn't until the 6th year that Grobe broke through, but the fan base was excited for every year before that even though we weren't winning a ton of games. Hoping to see the same thing out of Clawson next year. I think everyone pretty much understands that we are in a pretty tough spot as a program going into next year. Wins will be hard to come by outside of the ones we schedule as wins. But the easiest thing to spot the last 4 years with Grobe was that we simply were not a well coached team. Even when we won games we didn't look good. We would have about 1-2 good games a year, and other than that we gave away too many points on defense and our offensive game plan was putrid. Looking forward to seeing what Clawson can do, but not assuming he is going to come in and send us to a bowl game.

I had optimism once. She was Brazilian, or Chinese, or something weird. I met her in the bathroom of a K-Mart and we made out for hours. Then we parted ways, never to see each other again.

Did it burn afterwards? If so, it was Gonorrhea, not optimism.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

No optimism yet until [Redacted] is gone. Then we will know the true feeling of optimism, rebirth, hopefulness, confidence... things in general which we haven't felt in years.

There will be little things we need to notice. O-line blocking; secondary coverages; pass rushing; and discipline (which is to say players maintain what Grobe has instilled).

Don't forget tackling. Hit and wrap not shoulder blocks.

GOB: "My God, what is this feeling?"
Michael: "Well, you know the-the feeling that you're... that you're feeling is-is what many of us call 'a feeling.'"
GOB: "But it's not like envy, or even hungry."
Michael: "Could it be love?"
GOB: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite. It's... it's like my heart is getting hard."

Back