• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is WFU vs. FSU a Rivalry Game?

Only if Wake considers us one and it seems like everyone does by the celebration that typically ensues after beating us. If FSU considered WF a rival, they wouldn't sleep on them and take them lightly every year. They certainly wouldn't start their 2nd string qb when their starter was perfectly healthy to start.

Miami and UF are our rivals. If we had an ACC rival other than UM, it would be Clemson based on our recruiting battles and games in the 80s.

Most of the FSU fans I know pretty much consider WF their 2nd favorite if they had a 2nd fav.

The 80s? Not the Bowden Bowls?

you don't think if wake keeps beating FSU, and wake continues to recruit in the same areas, and we keep playing them every year they will come to see us as a rival?

sooner or later they will have to acknowledge that their game with us is a big deal if the trend continues.

Obviously an out of state rivalry will never match the intensity of in-state rivalries which often have a long, strong history.

Last edited:
Yes. We are Florida State's biggest rival. Wake Forest is all they think about.

Jenn Sterger was texting Brett Favre about how much she hates Wake Forest on the night he sent her a picture of his dick.

you don't think if wake keeps beating FSU, and wake continues to recruit in the same areas, and we keep playing them every year they will come to see us as a rival?

sooner or later they will have to acknowledge that their game with us is a big deal if the trend continues.

Obviously an out of state rivalry will never match the intensity of in-state rivalries which often have a long, strong history.

No, acknowledging a rivalry with a program that has a history like ours would be humiliating to their fanbase.

The fact that there are a bunch of Noles making noise in this thread speaks volumes. We may not be on the Gators level for them, but they have a special dislike for us these days.

No. Wake really doesn't have any rivalries that are mutual. State is about the closest thing to a rivalry we have, and even they would say that UNC is their rival before they'd say Wake is.

The fact that there are a bunch of Noles making noise in this thread speaks volumes. We may not be on the Gators level for them, but they have a special dislike for us these days.

This is correct. I imagine the response you would get if you posed the question on their boards would be "No fuggin way" and if that really were the case the response would be more indifference/confusion. If we pull an upset Saturday, would help... actually would help just about anything.

Wake's been a thorn in FSU's side, no doubt. But like I said before...

Beating someone 4 out of 6 years after a 30 year drought does not constitute a rivalry.

Disagree. If Wake beats FSU, it catipults the season. If FSU loses to Wake, there is no chance they have a successful season. They can still have a good year, but no success. We're their bellweather. If we stick with them and beat them, then they have work to do going forward into next year.

If Wake beats FSU, our talent is there, it becomes about the gameplan and reducing, eliminating turnovers while creating them.

Only if Wake considers us one and it seems like everyone does by the celebration that typically ensues after beating us. If FSU considered WF a rival, they wouldn't sleep on them and take them lightly every year. They certainly wouldn't start their 2nd string qb when their starter was perfectly healthy to start.
Miami and UF are our rivals. If we had an ACC rival other than UM, it would be Clemson based on our recruiting battles and games in the 80s.

Most of the FSU fans I know pretty much consider WF their 2nd favorite if they had a 2nd fav.

If true, Jimbo is dumber than I thought.

Read the thread title and this interchange from 40 year old virgin immediately popped into my head:

Andy Stitzer: Is it true that if you don't *use* it, you *lose* it?
Health Clinic Counselor: Is that a serious question?
Andy Stitzer: No, it wasn't.

Chris and Stoneville are regular posters here.

They do hate us more each time we beat them. But we have a long way to go to call it a rivalry.

not sure how this is an interesting question.

A rivalry has to involve two teams, both thinking they're rivals.

FSU would not agree that Wake Forest is a rival. I'm not sure our team would either... but I can guarantee FSU wouldn't.

FSU only joined the ACC in 1991 so we definitely aren't even a longtime opponent of theirs on the gridiron or bball court.

Back