• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Zach Allen coming back next year?

Deaconman

Reaction score
We should could use some linebacker experience. He got a bad break last fall.

Also, who was the knuclehead who got suspended at the end of the year?

I suspect out new staff is much more concerned about puttin the best players on the field than some culture bullshit.

I suspect out new staff is much more concerned about puttin the best players on the field than some culture bullshit.

You may want to go back and listen to the first Clawson press event. Sounded like he would have very little tolerance for knot head behavior. He should give these guys a pass out of the dog house, and give them opportunity to earn their way back - either as contributor to the team or return to dog house. They get second chance with a new coach.

You may want to go back and listen to the first Clawson press event. Sounded like he would have very little tolerance for knot head behavior. He should give these guys a pass out of the dog house, and give them opportunity to earn their way back - either as contributor to the team or return to dog house. They get second chance with a new coach.

Ummm. I really doubt that Clawson is going to give a flying f' about whatever Allen did or didn't do to get in Grobe's dog house.

In class five minutes early.
Sit in the first two rows.
No hats in class.

What needs to be parsed?

That's all fine and good, but I bet our best players play.

Not trolling, I promise...

Does Clawson get a pass if he plays his best players even if they have "issues" until his guys/recruits come in? If so, is it all that different than tolerating Ty Walker. Just an honest question.

Does Clawson get a pass if he plays his best players even if they have "issues" until his guys/recruits come in? If so, is it all that different than tolerating Ty Walker. Just an honest question.

Well, Ty Walker sucked, but IMO winning creates a lot of passes. I want a good product on the field.

I don't disagree with you at all about winning or Ty Walker. It will just be interesting to see what kind of wiggle room a little PR success can get you.

Well, Ty Walker sucked, but IMO winning creates a lot of passes. I want a good product on the field.

I mean, what did he do? Ty Walker participated in the iPad theft and was a known douche without work ethic. My impression is that the basketball players get away with far more than the football players. I could be wrong, but that's always been my impression (at least since Skip).

In class five minutes early.
Sit in the first two rows.
No hats in class.

What needs to be parsed?

I prefer this quote:

"Are our players going to be perfect? No. We've got 100-110 young men between the ages of 18-22. There's not one segment of the university population that's perfect. So, we're going to stress discipline. We're going to have high standards. At times are the young men in our program going to make mistakes? They will."

He also said he expected to handle most of the consequences "in house." It will be interesting to see how easy or hard it is for players to get into his dog house. Even more important, how easy or hard will it be for players to work their way out of the dog house.

I mean, what did he do? Ty Walker participated in the iPad theft and was a known douche without work ethic. My impression is that the basketball players get away with far more than the football players. I could be wrong, but that's always been my impression (at least since Skip).

I've actually gotten the opposite impression. Maybe that has a lot to do with the relative size of the teams but I've seen and heard of far more football players doing stupid stuff off the field than basketball players.

I've actually gotten the opposite impression. Maybe that has a lot to do with the relative size of the teams but I've seen and heard of far more football players doing stupid stuff off the field than basketball players.

I'm sure that's true. I was speaking more to the amount of players who are punished and/or openly reprimanded. Even after adjusting for size, Grobe's conduct-related doghouse always seemed bigger than Skip, Dino, and Buzz's.

I prefer this quote:

"Are our players going to be perfect? No. We've got 100-110 young men between the ages of 18-22. There's not one segment of the university population that's perfect. So, we're going to stress discipline. We're going to have high standards. At times are the young men in our program going to make mistakes? They will."

Me too. I could care less if they arrive 5 minutes early to class, sit in the front two rows, or wear hats. Let 'em slide in right at the start and sit in the back with a hat on if they want. If they attend class, pay attention, and make the grades, that's good enough. Why hold them to a higher standard than the general population? I like stressing discipline and having high standards, but let them be college kids as well.

As long as coach placates the culture warriors with rules about hats but runs the program pragmatically and wins games, I think we're in good shape.

At what point will you realize the coaches aren't the one's pulling strings? They have been given as many if not more policies and standards to uphold than the players.

Back