• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Zach Allen coming back next year?

At what point will you realize the coaches aren't the one's pulling strings? They have been given as many if not more policies and standards to uphold than the players.

Seeing as how Clawsen hasn't coached a single game, it will take until at least Aug. 28, 2014, for me to believe that the AD is calling all the disciplinary shots.

Me too. I could care less if they arrive 5 minutes early to class, sit in the front two rows, or wear hats. Let 'em slide in right at the start and sit in the back with a hat on if they want. If they attend class, pay attention, and make the grades, that's good enough. Why hold them to a higher standard than the general population? I like stressing discipline and having high standards, but let them be college kids as well.

I think Clawson will run a pretty tight ship and I'm sure that weighed in to Wellman's decision. During he presser he mentioned at Bowling Green they had the "Falcon Walk" like our Deacon Walk and someone complained that the players were wearing headphones and he said the next week the players weren't allowed to wear headphones during the walk. Our players have always worn headphones or ear buds during the Deacon Walk, so who knows, Clawson may even be tougher than Grobe was????

No mention of headphones or hats in conference call with former players. What a fraud. ClawsonOUT. We need someone who understands our culture at WF.

Heaven forbid our players wear their headphones to get pumped up for a game that the fans hope will win.

Heaven forbid our players wear their headphones to get pumped up for a game that the fans hope will win.

Yeah, I honestly don't have a problem with our guys listening to music during the Deacon Walk, but apparently Clawson cut that out after getting complaints. Our guys are always really good about shaking hands or giving low 5's when they come through the Deacon Walk, if they want to listen to music what does it matter?

If the coach thinks that listening to music shows a lack of attentiveness to the fans on the walk and if he decides against it, hopefully we will respect his decision.

Can we at least wait until next Fall before we commence critiquing each and every decision?

If the coach thinks that listening to music shows a lack of attentiveness to the fans on the walk and if he decides against it, hopefully we will respect his decision.

Can we at least wait until next Fall before we commence critiquing each and every decision?

Of course I will respect it, just saying personally I don't have a problem with it. I'm at pretty much every Deacon Walk and I've never felt slighted by some of the guys wearing headphones as they come by.

Back