• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Isaac Haas

Nice work, Cumberland. Good to have all that information in one place.

It sounds like we pulled his offer at the last minute. That would be an incredible Move 24 hours before signing day.

It is either that or we were beaten to the finish line by UAB because we didn't pay enough attention to our recruit.

Either scenario is bad news.

It sounds like we pulled his offer at the last minute. That would be an incredible Move 24 hours before signing day.

It is either that or we were beaten to the finish line by UAB because we didn't pay enough attention to our recruit.

Either scenario is bad news.

[Redacted] will be [Redacted]. Turns out he lets down verbal commits with regards to offers like he lets down coaches with regards to steak dinners. This incident should greatly assist future recruiting.

Posted this on the recruiting thread but [Redacted] no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt in situations like this. Guilty until proven innocent.

Posted this on the recruiting thread but [Redacted] no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt in situations like this. Guilty until proven innocent.

There is no innocent in this scenario. He is either incompetent (can't hold an offer vs. a lesser school) or he is a scum bag (pulls an offer less than 24 hours from signing day).

Maybe Bz thought we had a commitment from Isaac Hayes and realized it was a different guy at the last minute.

Thanks for the info Cumberland. Trying to think of a 3rd alternative to Wrangor's scenario, but not coming up with 1. From the tweets, I'm guessing it was a Gary Williams/Tamir Goodman situation. GDub caught tons of flak for that for quite a while. Unless a kid is just a bad kid, as opposed to being not as talented as you originally thought, it's not worth the negative press to pull a ship. If a kid can't play, you let him languish on the bench as a freshmen and transfer if he wants more p-t at a lesser school.

Whatever happened, legitimate or not, it could only happen to bzz. everything he touches turns to sh!t.

Thanks for the info Cumberland. Trying to think of a 3rd alternative to Wrangor's scenario, but not coming up with 1. From the tweets, I'm guessing it was a Gary Williams/Tamir Goodman situation. GDub caught tons of flak for that for quite a while. Unless a kid is just a bad kid, as opposed to being not as talented as you originally thought, it's not worth the negative press to pull a ship. If a kid can't play, you let him languish on the bench as a freshmen and transfer if he wants more p-t at a lesser school.

Not trying to defend Bzz...I dislike him as much as anyone but there a couple of alternative. Something off the court could have happened that could have caused him to pull the ship. Or maybe he was told that his offer was contingent on X and X never happened.

Not trying to defend Bzz...I dislike him as much as anyone but there a couple of alternative. Something off the court could have happened that could have caused him to pull the ship. Or maybe he was told that his offer was contingent on X and X never happened.

If that was the case why were Haas and his family clearly not aware of this (re: their tweets)?

I doubt if he robbed a store, he would be tweeting about how excited he was for his upcoming commitment.

There is no innocent in this scenario. He is either incompetent (can't hold an offer vs. a lesser school) or he is a scum bag (pulls an offer less than 24 hours from signing day).

I thought we were all operating under the assumption that he's incompetent so the question was whether or not he screwed this kid.

didnt his uncle's tweet suggest they had no idea what happened. If he was told to do X and X didnt happen his family would probably know it.

Back