• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Isaac Haas

Washington was in H.S. for 5 years, so he's overdue in the gaining strength department. We can keep pretending these sleeper recruits are blue chippers or we can get back to big time recruiting. There has to be a Clawson like basketball coach that can come in here and get some guys that can compete and handle the academic demands.

Well, that's a load of Sasquatch if you actually followed his development. 1 steak or 2 this guy is still getting way more S&C and training/diet/stamina work than ever before. By far. As Codi's best bud...he has to work to stay in the loop. Watch Miller-Mac continue to push him to reach his "po"

Rondale was compared to Robert Siler by the usual suspects. Robert was quite a specimen but not a great basketball player. He might have made third team All ACC as a senior if his knees had held out.

Oklahoma RB recruit, if memory serves. Helluva football prospect.

Deman said last year that Andre would be the best player on the team by the end of his sophomore season. If that prediction happens maybe we make the NIT after all.

I continue to be amazed that people can't just take Lectro for what he is.

It's like arguing with keeper, except Lectro's all sunshine and rainbows about Wake (with some good detailed info occasionally).

His posts must be like crack to you guys.

What? What are you two talking about. Get with it. You will have to "love up" on it before it's done. I mean were not talking sandwiches anymore...no, this is gonna be a new style of serving, the likes have not been seen, not even in All-U-Can Eat America...sort of an "all I can stuff down your throat kind of buffet"...of course the usual puddings and whatnot that you lads so love will be available after...though I can't imagine you will ever be finished with the main course.

There is truly nothing more I relish (nice word, eh?) than the Vision I Have of This Place. No, there will be a perpetual buffet here... A goodly number of high spirited folk are gonna be on hand to make sure you boys get every last morsel you so richly deserve.

I don't think that story paints the staff all that favorably. They still got beat in recruiting by Purdue, a college that is historically on par with us. It doesn't help matters that the two weakest recruiters on the staff, [Redacted] and LaRue, were the ones leading the chase on Haas.

Your track record of scouting players is pretty crap, to be fair. Chase Fischer.

Oh, and stop using YouTube to "scout" players. It is a worthless endeavor.

Oh, I don't know. Go back and check if you want. I said Devin Thomas was going to be an absolute beast and should have been a top 50 player with his motor and hands. I also said Moto would struggle and I was surprised he was a 4-star kid.

True I watched about 10 minutes of Haas highlights on youtube but one of the vids was supposed to highlight his strengths and he was pump faking around the rim and getting no lift on his "jumps" Again, it was like watching jorge Muereson the old 7'7" Washington Bullet. I didn't like what I saw. I could see him growing another few inches and getting even slower. He's a clod, or so it looked.

Brennan was the kid we should have gone after as I personally think he run a bouncy 4 alongside Thomas and it would make Thomas even better. Someone to move around the lane quickly to move people on D. OHara I thought was a better version of Haas in that he had nice touch on his jumper. I know he was shorter, but he's a big kid for college. I'm just done with 7-foot projects. The ghost of Woods and Walker did me in. That said, I like the strides Andre has made. For a big kid, he's got quick feet. He just doesn't have much strength yet, may never get it.

But I have a very spotty track record on scouting. I thought DWade would be a tweener and a bad lottery pick, but projected David West and Carlos Boozer to be guys who should have been lottery picks instead of 2nd rounders.

I never made any predictions on Fischer before he played for us. What I said was he can dribble and pass better than I expected and I thought his shot would come. I was wrong, but in my defense, I was just fucking ecstatic not to have watch JT Terrell try to be some sort of JR Smith for us. Just hated hated hated watching him play

Oh, I don't know. Go back and check if you want. I said Devin Thomas was going to be an absolute beast and should have been a top 50 player with his motor and hands. I also said Moto would struggle and I was surprised he was a 4-star kid.

Looks like this more or less checks out.

However, while searching, I did come across this gem.

My favorite post was this one.

The fact that GB can;'t understand that we will have much more talent next year than we had this year shows he is an idiot (I didn't name call with either Chris or #s-if OGB wants to call me a tool-I have the right to treat him in the same manner).

The fact that OGB doesn't understand that adding competent bodies will lessen the burden on CJ and TRavis hows what an idiot he is.

The fact the OGB doesn't understand the difference between Tony as a starter and Tony as a backup shows he doesn't have a fucking clue.

The fact that OGB doesn't understand that we will be much talented and deep next year that we are this year also shows what an idiot he is.

This in a thread where RJ was arguing that we would win 20 games in 2012-13. Idiot indeed.

Why is there 45 pages of Haas?

a 7'2" guy not heavily recruited by any major program.... did people actually think this guy was going to be good?

Why is there 45 pages of Haas?

a 7'2" guy not heavily recruited by any major program.... did people actually think this guy was going to be good?

Well, now that lectro has migrated his load of bullshit to basketball season, let's just say "it's garbage time."

I continue to be amazed that people can't just take Lectro for what he is.

It's like arguing with keeper, except Lectro's all sunshine and rainbows about Wake (with some good detailed info occasionally).

His posts must be like crack to you guys.

Not crack really, more like boredom and knowing that Lectro will take the bait just about every time!!

True I watched about 10 minutes of Haas highlights on youtube but one of the vids was supposed to highlight his strengths and he was pump faking around the rim and getting no lift on his "jumps" Again, it was like watching jorge Muereson the old 7'7" Washington Bullet. I didn't like what I saw. I could see him growing another few inches and getting even slower. He's a clod, or so it looked.

Brennan was the kid we should have gone after as I personally think he run a bouncy 4 alongside Thomas and it would make Thomas even better. Someone to move around the lane quickly to move people on D. OHara I thought was a better version of Haas in that he had nice touch on his jumper. I know he was shorter, but he's a big kid for college. I'm just done with 7-foot projects. The ghost of Woods and Walker did me in. That said, I like the strides Andre has made. For a big kid, he's got quick feet. He just doesn't have much strength yet, may never get it.

But I have a very spotty track record on scouting. I thought DWade would be a tweener and a bad lottery pick, but projected David West and Carlos Boozer to be guys who should have been lottery picks instead of 2nd rounders.

I never made any predictions on Fischer before he played for us. What I said was he can dribble and pass better than I expected and I thought his shot would come. I was wrong, but in my defense, I was just fucking ecstatic not to have watch JT Terrell try to be some sort of JR Smith for us. Just hated hated hated watching him play

Haas is :Homeless Man's Greg Zoubek

Back