• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Isaac Haas

We are incredibly undersized in the paint. Yet some people are making the claim that we didn't want Haas anyway. Let me get this right:

We don't want our highest rates recruit ever in the Bz era, that fills our greatest need.
Makes complete sense.

From what I have seen (which isn't a whole lot) he will be a fine collegiate player. Will take him a year or two but he will contribute and would have helped our team a lot when Devin graduates.

I didn't like him on tape. He looked like a poor man's George muerson. I liked Brennan and Ohara much more. We got none of them.

Haas was nothing special--and Bzdelick couldn't even sign him.
Haas was a strong prospect--and Bzdelick couldn't close the deal.

Either way Bzdelick sucks hind tit.

Odom had a few misses. Fitz landed on his feet at Bill and Mary and the married a real cute girl in Mt Airy.

Is anyone going up to see Rondale play tonight or over the holidays ?

Hass was destined to back Washington anyway. After this surprise season the gates will open and new blood will come in and the Hate Brigade will be flushed down history's commode.

Bon voyage!

Hass was destined to back Washington anyway. After this surprise season the gates will open and new blood will come in and the Hate Brigade will be flushed down history's commode.

Bon voyage!

I'm going to assume that the new blood you are talking about is a new coaching staff. That would do a lot towards flushing the Hate Brigade.

Bon voyage!

No one is destined to do anything in college basketball. Anyone with a brain knows that. You become who you are because of talent + habits. Even talent is indeterminate. A lifetime of observing recruits should tell you that. Josh Howard was destined to be a 6th man....until he became unanimous ACC player of the year. Haas could become Roy Hibbert, he could become Andre Washington.

My guess is that haas ends up significantly better than Washington, but it is just a guess. Should be pretty easy to confirm down the road whose hunch is correct but no one is destined to do anything. Ridiculous.

Suddenly I am left thinking about the likes of Mark Schoone and Dshamel Schoetz or whatever the hell his name is. Oh the humanity! The pain...the eventual laughter.

Haas will most certainly be better than Stan King, we can safely say that!!

Odom: just a few misses eh? LOL

I love GDO for what he accomplished with a certain set of players but let's not get too "pump-fake" crazy now! ;-)

No one is destined to do anything in college basketball. Anyone with a brain knows that. You become who you are because of talent + habits. Even talent is indeterminate. A lifetime of observing recruits should tell you that. Josh Howard was destined to be a 6th man....until he became unanimous ACC player of the year. Haas could become Roy Hibbert, he could become Andre Washington.

My guess is that haas ends up significantly better than Washington, but it is just a guess. Should be pretty easy to confirm down the road whose hunch is correct but no one is destined to do anything. Ridiculous.

Doesn't nearly have the hands or touch of Washington.

Washington, like a colt, will continue to add strength

Shoot! Forgot about Aron. Wow, we had a horrid succession of big men (and screw Makhtar!!) other than Timmy from at least my time there starting in '92 until Darius Songaila in '99. I guess someone could make a case about Ricky Peral but he was a perimeter floating big with a silky stroke. If we had had the next coming of Trelonnie Owens instead of a Sean Allen, I'm convinced we would have gone to a Final Four. Oh duh, just thought of Loren Woods, but ya, Loren Woods. #smh

I still am rankled about Gillen's "The Mangler" moniker and hate that refs seemed out to get him. Or at the very least were "trigger-happy" with the pea w/r/t Darius. Such a talented player and I always thought he could have been even better with a bit more latitude from the refs and a better supporting cast. If anything, we didn't run enough offense through DS because of Odom's love of a 3-guard attack.

Washington was in H.S. for 5 years, so he's overdue in the gaining strength department. We can keep pretending these sleeper recruits are blue chippers or we can get back to big time recruiting. There has to be a Clawson like basketball coach that can come in here and get some guys that can compete and handle the academic demands.

Not buying any story that puts 100% of this debacle on Haas and 0% of it on our staff. Spin city.

I don't think that story paints the staff all that favorably. They still got beat in recruiting by Purdue, a college that is historically on par with us. It doesn't help matters that the two weakest recruiters on the staff, [Redacted] and LaRue, were the ones leading the chase on Haas.

I didn't like him on tape. He looked like a poor man's George muerson. I liked Brennan and Ohara much more. We got none of them.

Your track record of scouting players is pretty crap, to be fair. Chase Fischer.

Oh, and stop using YouTube to "scout" players. It is a worthless endeavor.

Steve Rich.
Barry Canty.
Stringfellow
Antonio Jackson

Suddenly I am left thinking about the likes of Mark Schoone and Dshamel Schoetz or whatever the hell his name is. Oh the humanity! The pain...the eventual laughter.

Haas will most certainly be better than Stan King, we can safely say that!!

Odom: just a few misses eh? LOL

I love GDO for what he accomplished with a certain set of players but let's not get too "pump-fake" crazy now! ;-)

Shoot! Forgot about Aron. Wow, we had a horrid succession of big men (and screw Makhtar!!) other than Timmy from at least my time there starting in '92 until Darius Songaila in '99. I guess someone could make a case about Ricky Peral but he was a perimeter floating big with a silky stroke. If we had had the next coming of Trelonnie Owens instead of a Sean Allen, I'm convinced we would have gone to a Final Four. Oh duh, just thought of Loren Woods, but ya, Loren Woods. #smh

I still am rankled about Gillen's "The Mangler" moniker and hate that refs seemed out to get him. Or at the very least were "trigger-happy" with the pea w/r/t Darius. Such a talented player and I always thought he could have been even better with a bit more latitude from the refs and a better supporting cast. If anything, we didn't run enough offense through DS because of Odom's love of a 3-guard attack.

If only we had signed Neil Fingleton

I'm rooting for us to play Purdue in the ACC-B1G challenge at home next year so we fans can "express our displeasure" regarding Haas.

Unfortunately, we will likely be left out of the Challenge again next year.

Rondale was compared to Robert Siler by the usual suspects. Robert was quite a specimen but not a great basketball player. He might have made third team All ACC as a senior if his knees had held out.

Back