• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish, now a Sixer, leads the way!

The good news is that all NBA teams aren't run by "stats" guys, and he only needs one dude who doesn't look at advanced metrics to pick him up.

and i hope that happens. i just think it's more likely he continues to catch on teams that need a pg due to injury or a vet fill-in.

YUUUUUUUP

i'd love to see him land on a team with a front office that can figure out a way to use him to win probs more though.

his teams are 54-104 when he plays 10 mins are more.

I fail to see how this statistic correlates to Ish being a poor basketball player. It's ignoring a lot of information. Maybe the majority of his playing time has been spent on bad teams?

despite his weaknesses...Ish is a solid NBA player. He is essentially a replacement level NBA player, worth roughly 1/3 of a win per year. Nothing wrong with that and certainly exceeded my expectations of him when he left Wake.

Depends on if we are talking about +/- or Real +/-, which factors in more individual performance...

Sure, but it's a pretty dumb statistic to use with Ish. He either plays when better players are injured or plays on teams that do not have particularly good players.

It's not that he doesn't want to play defense, it's that his size makes it hard for him to be a good defender at the NBA level.

LOL. His size might not help, but Ish has never been a particularly good defender, IMO.

But I'm with df07 - It's pretty fucking awesome that a Deac is sticking in the NBA. I hope that he's able to get a bit more comfortable as his career continues because dude deserves it.

no matter how you look at it, he has had a nice stretch with the sixers

on a historically bad team, advanced stats aren't going to be pretty, but he has been playing pretty damn well

the most impressive thing to me is that he's actually added a decent midrange game

CYypgsuUEAEMdHI.jpg

He hits his free throws now too lol. When the other team gets a T he is the one the coach lets shoot the free throw...he's put in some work

Back