• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

islam

"You surrender in your own name, leave me out of it. I'm going to fight these people...And I think you should be ashamed, for sneering at the people who guard you while you sleep."

R.I.P. to the G.O.A.T.

Last edited:
CATO writer with a much-needed reality check on the supposed nexus between terror and immigration. http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/dont-blame-immigration-homegrown-terrorism

Without counting immigrants or refugees, 180.5 million foreigners came to the United States in 2014, according to the Department of Homeland Security. That is more than four times larger than all the immigrants now living in the United States (42.4 million).

Nobody could possibly imagine it feasible to carefully vet or otherwise limit the millions of tourists, business travelers and students who are constantly coming to the United States. So, what accounts for all the anxiety about infinitely smaller numbers who arrive as immigrants?

In contrast with 180.5 million nonimmigrants arriving in 2014, only 69,975 arrived as refugees and only 481,392 new arrivals were granted green cards.

Any foreigner who wanted to come here on a suicidal terrorist mission needn’t wait two years to be vetted as a refugee, or try to get on a long waiting list for a green card. Tourists are allowed to stay in the U.S. for 90 days, business travelers 12 months, skilled workers six years, and students stay as long as they’re enrolled. Citizens of 38 “visa waiver” countries (including France and Belgium) don’t even need a visa.

Thwarting terrorism is primarily a task for intelligence agencies and police. Combating ISIS is primarily a military issue. Immigration policy or refugee quotas may indeed be important for other reasons, but the alleged link to Jihadist/Islamist terrorism is tenuous at best.

Attempting to enforce immigration restrictions based on a person’s self-described religious preference (or apparent national origin) would not be easy or cheap. Neither would tripling the size of the current 650-mile wall on the Mexican border. Such grandiose projects inevitably require diverting limited time and money away from more-promising options—such as hiring more FBI agents or private security firms for surveillance of suspicious activities and persons.

Here's some more perspective for fear-mongers.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/07/24/obama-astonishes-sean-hannity-by-noting

Looking specifically at deaths from terrorist attacks in Western Europe, which Hannity sees as a refutation of Obama's claim, there was a spike last year, but the total was still lower than in 2004 and far lower than the averages for the 1970s and '80s. Worldwide, according to a 2015 report from the Institute for Economics and Peace, the total number of deaths from terrorism has been rising since 2011, with five countries—Iraq, Nigeria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Syria—accounting for 78 percent of those deaths in 2014. But deaths from terrorism represent a small percentage of all deaths by homicide: less than 3 percent worldwide in 2012, based on data from the United Nations and the National Center for Counterterrorism. They represent an even smaller share of all deaths, and for Americans the risk of dying in a terrorist attack pales beside the risk of dying from a host of quotidian causes that get much less attention from Fox News.

This link is also worth looking at.

http://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

I'd be so annoyed if I was a moderate Muslim person, participated in these rallies, and still got told that I didn't protest Islamic terrorist shitbags.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...am-media-outlets-say-organisers-a6765976.html

arbaeen-london.jpg

Last edited:
Are you referring to the attacks in France this morning, or the one in Germany yesterday? Because both were Islamic extremists. Weird, for a problem we don't have.

fear mongering motherfucker..

You guys love celebrating when the deaths were caused, as you are 100% certain, by one problem. Lots of mourning going on.

You guys love celebrating when the deaths were caused, as you are 100% certain, by one problem. Lots of mourning going on.

Or you guys could just grow up and admit we have a problem. Whichever.

It is only because you all have resisted evidence and reason with such tenacity that we've had to resort to satire to attempt to penetrate the fact-proof, apology-lined bunker you're hiding from the news in. You are free to emerge any time you like.

Last edited:
There is a problem with a group of people who claim to be Muslim and commit acts of violence and murder. They are a problem. Islam, as a whole, is not a problem. I have read nothing about this attack in France yet, just saw all the gloating and dick sucking going on from the usual suspects.

There is a problem with a group of people who claim to be Muslim and commit acts of violence and murder. They are a problem. Islam, as a whole, is not a problem. I have read nothing about this attack in France yet, just saw all the gloating and dick sucking going on from the usual suspects.

A Catholic priest was murdered in Normandy by an ISIS sympathizer. Charming.

Can someone find a direct quote on here from anyone who has said that acts committed in the name of Islam are not a problem?

Sounds like they should be easy to find.

Or you guys could just grow up and admit we have a problem. Whichever.

It is only because you all have resisted evidence and reason with such tenacity that we've had to resort to satire to attempt to penetrate the fact-proof, apology-lined bunker you're hiding from the news in. You are free to emerge any time you like.

Please find just ONE person on here who has said that Radical Islamic Terrorism is not a problem. I will take any poster.

These murderous fanatics really suck. Prayers to France, I'm sure people there must be living with a lot of stress and fear right now.

Radical Islam is a real bitch. I don't think anybody has the answer on how to address this problem. It's really, really hard for political leaders to find the right line to walk between cracking down on and keeping out the bad guys, while simultaneously respecting Western democratic ideals and maintaining good relationships with the overwhelming majority of non-murderous-asshole Muslims. Muslims, not Christians and high-minded Western atheist humanists, are the key to eventually stopping this. There is no way for any unilateral Western action to stop these attacks without the cooperation of Muslim communities and majority-Muslim states. "Admitting there is a problem" is a good reliable free-throw point-scorer on the ol' message boards, but solving the problem is not nearly as easy.

Back