• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Anti-American in the Israel/Palestine conflict or just Anti-American?
As it regards economics, foreign policy, militarism, criminal justice, social justice, and culture, I am anti-American, or more specifically Anti-Western. I would rather not derail this thread with my communist bitching though, so I would rather talk about that on the politics CT or though PMs

they love to shove a microphone in front of the coward John bolton any time Iran comes up. we know what that guy is going to say already, it isn't necessary to have him on

Compare that opinion to that of noted Foreign Policy expert David Frum:

“Iran put on a big show for the world. Like the sword-waving warrior in the first Indiana Jones movie, Iran made a spectacle of its weapons”

what a fucking idiot

yeah, i don't think we need to deep dive into whether or not Iran is playing 5D chess when israel is self owning over and over

yeah, i don't think we need to deep dive into whether or not Iran is playing 5D chess when israel is self owning over and over
Sure, but it doesn’t require some military expert to comprehend that Iran announcing to the world for a week that they are going to attack Israel, then firing a barrage of drones and missiles from Iran and giving the US/Israel hours of notice, is military theater. Do the David Frum’s of America believe that our adversaries are all fucking idiots unaware of our defense capabilities?

Last edited:
The Frum piece (in The Atlantic) is mostly a reasonable criticism of Trump and his party.

But sure, the Indiana Jones scene analogy fails.

The Frum piece (in The Atlantic) is mostly a reasonable criticism of Trump and his party.

But sure, the Indiana Jones scene analogy fails.
I don’t know about “reasonable” - David Frum is very very infamously an interventionist hawk, and he portrays populist isolationism as weakness. It’s knee jerk partisanship to oppose isolationist policy just because Trump and MAGA prefer it. Frum absolutely uses partisanship to manipulate his audience towards interventionist policy. If he wants another forever war in the Middle East, he is welcome to take himself to Iran and martyr himself for the great American empire.

Last edited:
Anyone who believes this is over does not know that war mongering POS Netanyahu.
It is in his best interest to keep Israel in conflict; the only way he stay in power.

Which is why enabling him from the beginning was a problem.

I don’t know about “reasonable” - David Frum is very very infamously an interventionist hawk, and he portrays populist isolationism as weakness. It’s knee jerk partisanship to oppose isolationist policy just because Trump and MAGA prefer it. Frum absolutely uses partisanship to manipulate his audience towards interventionist policy. If he wants another forever war in the Middle East, he is welcome to take himself to Iran and martyr himself for the great American empire.

I think he’s mostly critical of the loss of congressional support for Ukraine since Republicans took control of the House.

Back