• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

It sounds like you live in a bubble, too.
well there's a pretty big generation gap in play here, especially in views on isreal, and yeah I don't hang out with folks like 10-15 years younger than me regularly, these boards are literally my only exposure to your age group.

What were the views of the confederacy towards Jewish people, seems like if you were white you were alright.

anybody got the wake statement from wente and the response from the jewish faculty? I saw it briefly but can't access it

There's a diverse set of views in the Boston area on the issue. Plenty of Zionist staunchly pro-Israel views from the Jewish population but also plenty of leftists (Jewish or otherwise) who support a two-state solution and immediate ceasefire. Feelings on Israel seems to make for interesting bedfellows

lol I see the NYPD is unfamiliar with Oxford's Very Short Introduction series

Calling for a ceasefire after a terrorist group launches a coordinated attack on civilians, including the intentional murder of children, raping of women, and taking of hostages, while also killing about 35 US citizens, seems like giving the terrorist organization cover. It's pretty ridiculous actually.

Calling for a ceasefire after a terrorist group launches a coordinated attack on civilians, including the intentional murder of children, raping of women, and taking of hostages, while also killing about 35 US citizens, seems like giving the terrorist organization cover. It's pretty ridiculous actually.
what about when the response has killed something like 30k civilians, about half of which are children?

is your take that Israel can pursue Hamas by any means necessary?

It doesn't seem like wakelaw13 sees Palestinians as people after that horrific post.

what about when the response has killed something like 30k civilians, about half of which are children?

is your take that Israel can pursue Hamas by any means necessary?
It's a horrible situation and Israel should be held accountable. But calling for a ceasefire in the war against Hamas just means they can attack with impunity.

It doesn't seem like wakelaw13 sees Palestinians as people after that horrific post.
Ridiculous. I support Israel's right to declare war against a terrorist organization who's stated goal is the genocide of the Israeli people. I also support holding them accountable for war crimes if they are committed.

Back