• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

quite the oxymoron, because without them tensions in the region would be greatly reduced.

They would just find something else to fight about whether it was Sunni vs Shite, Arab vs Persian, fundamentalists vs secularist or something else.

Removing Israel just removes a common enemy that unites some groups against a common enemy. Remove the common enemy and the things that divide them will explode into violence.

Israel's fair treatment of the Palestinians has always been the key to "Middle East peace." If only the mean Jews had done the right thing. We wouldn't have had the Iran-Iraq war, and the Arab spring would have happened a lot earlier. Heck, women in Saudi Arabia would be driving by now.

Israel's fair treatment of the Palestinians has always been the key to "Middle East peace." If only the mean Jews had done the right thing. We wouldn't have had the Iran-Iraq war, and the Arab spring would have happened a lot earlier. Heck, women in Saudi Arabia would be driving by now.

wait, I think you're mocking me. :(

"Middle East: Why Do We Care (besides oil)?" would probably a nice follow up to this thread.

If you look at the Old Testament, it is quite clear that the Lord controls the destiny of Israel, and no human force can change that.

It is written in Israel's constitution to treat all citizens Jewish and otherwise equally. They aren't doing that. I'm Jewish and I think they are dickheads.

It is written in Israel's constitution to treat all citizens Jewish and otherwise equally. They aren't doing that. I'm Jewish and I think they are dickheads.

Oh silly W&B, don't you know that Constitutions are "living, breathing" documents? You don't actually have to read them and follow what they say. You can totally make stuff up that isn't there, and just call it good. Don't you know anything?

Oh silly W&B, don't you know that Constitutions are "living, breathing" documents? You don't actually have to read them and follow what they say. You can totally make stuff up that isn't there, and just call it good. Don't you know anything?

Another irrelevant conservative talking point designed for the low information voter.

Not sure that you're responding to my point. Very little of the conflict in that region has to do with how the "dickheads" are treating the Palestinians.

Not sure that you're responding to my point. Very little of the conflict in that region has to do with how the "dickheads" are treating the Palestinians.

Yes, I was responding to your snark about the mean old Jews. It's like the Jim Crow south over there. The hardliners are completely in the wrong.

As to the conflict level in the ME, you can't separate out Israel/Arab conflict from the rest. It is all intertwined. Yes there are tribal conflicts and sectarian conflicts but without Israel/Arab conflict Hezbollah and Hamas are weakened considerably. Arms and training and really, purpose, are diminished. Further, without Israel the despots who run roughshod over their citizens and then blame the Jews no longer have that scapegoat and yes, the Arab spring comes sooner. It is the key to middle east peace. Why would sensible/progressive Arab thinkers say otherwise?

my original post said "reduced." re violence in ME

There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides of that eternal cluster fuck. But there are over a million Israeli Arabs living in Israel, all of whom either have or can apply for citizenship. They are entitled to municipal services and voting rights. Many Israeli Arabs still refuse to apply, however.

Try being a Jewish Israeli and emigrating to Saudi Arabia.

we give a fuck because American Jews have political clout and American politicians need them to win elections.

we also give a fuck because Christians are obligated to defend Israel and keep her alive so that Jesus Christ can return and take them to Heaven.

Perhaps you'd prefer "Allah" cut your God Damned tongue out?

Another irrelevant conservative talking point designed for the low information voter.

You think sarcasm is bad, you should hear yourselves try to offer that same argument with a straight face on a serious issue. It is uh-byssmal.

Because NY and FL have 58 votes in the electoral college.

Back