• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Actually much of the Fundamentalist Christian support of Israel is based in End of Days theory. They think the second coming is predicated on what happens to Israel.

I agree with this, and think it myself, but I don't understand how a certain type of Christian has moved from blood libels to unwavering support of Zionism. I think we might be missing some underlying cause.

Doesn't sound like there is any really great reason from a policy point of view.

the really unfortunate irony about all this is it creates the impression that jew hatred is more prevalent than it actually is. Jews were persecuted well before christ was born. but for the first time in literally thousands of years, my understanding is that global antisemitism is actually at all time lows and trending down in most of the places that matter (Europe especially has come a long way in 60-70 years). too bad the location of their state, and some of the policies they pursue , actually increase the very antisemitism they, justly, want to escape from and or mitigate.

Imagine a world where they'd created a Jewish state in Manitoba, instead of on the single most sacred stretch of ground on Earth.

Last edited:
Except there was a Jewish state there before there was an England or a Canada or a United States or a France.

Except there was a Jewish state there before there was an England or a Canada or a United States or a France.

Meaningless in 1945. There was a Native American coalition of peoples across North America before the United States.

At the end of WWII you had a war-ravaged globe, and important decisions needed to be made with an eye toward long-term stability and peace.

Last edited:
Meaningless in 1945. There was a Native American coalition of peoples across North America before the United States.

At the end of WWII you had a war-ravaged globe, and important decisions needed to be made with an eye toward long-term stability and peace.

We're never going to agree on this. So we might as well leave it here.

I think TwinAndre has some deep insight into this topic, he should join the discussion.

Back