• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

In Orthodox and Conservative Jewish law, people with tattoos (other than from WWII) are not supposed to be buried in religious cemeteries.

That's the way the rules are.

Do some allow it? Of course, but that wasn't the question.

My bad you are never wrong.

Last edited:
And the Canaanites?
Exodus 23:
22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

25 And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.

29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.

30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.

In Orthodox and Conservative Jewish law, people with tattoos (other than from WWII) are not supposed to be buried in religious cemeteries.

That's the way the rules are.

Do some allow it? Of course, but that wasn't the question.

My bad you are never wrong.

Leviticus 19:28: Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.

One of the funniest things I saw during the gay marriage debate was a picture of a guy who had tattooed the passage from Leviticus about stoning homosexuals on his forearm. Guess he didn't know that the passage prohibiting tattoos was literally on the next page of the Bible.

Should we clone Neanderthals back into existence and give them their traditional homeland?

640px-Carte_Neandertaliens.jpg

There is an exclusion for Nazi death camp tattoos.

In theory you can't be buried in Jewish cemetery anywhere if you have a tattoo(s).

yeah that is where i was going with this

I choose to read this as "Jews are a different species."

I can see how you get there but that's not what I meant. At a certain point, you have to ignore ancestral claims and just make good forward-looking policy. Where that puts us with Israel and Palestine today, I don't know. But it's fatuous to say "there was a Jewish state before there was a France, UK or USA."

Not at all. It's just that you and others need to understand that the Muslims and their allies very much want to control the narrative. Making the Israeli-Palestinian conflict the "key to Middle East peace" is a way to divert attention from other matters. Why does the "Middle East peace process" always refer to that situation? Was that term ever used when Iraq and Iran were at war with each other?

I understand what you are saying. But the situation in Israel/Palestine is like a Sterno under the ME. The despots and monarchs in the region have Israel as a scapegoat for all the ills they cause to their own people, its their boogeyman. That common enemy that keeps anti-Western tension warm. A solution renders Hezbollah and Hamas kinda impotent, thus controlling arms, training, and ultimately hearts and minds. Western influence and cooperation then strengthens the economic situation for many arabs, and so on.

Would that eliminate sectarian violence among Muslims? I don't know, but I cannot fathom how it would not help somewhat.

This seems not good.

How bad is this going to get?

Israeli military looks to have been caught completely off guard by Hamas. Lots of questions going to be asked of Netanyahu.

And of course it will be Palestinian and Israeli civilians bearing the brunt of this.

If the Twitter is to be believed it’s going to be bad because Hamas basically went straight terrorism, distracting with rocket attacks while they infiltrated the border indiscriminately killing civilians and snatch and grabbed people as hostages.

If the Twitter is to be believed it’s going to be bad because Hamas basically went straight terrorism, distracting with rocket attacks while they infiltrated the border indiscriminately killing civilians and snatch and grabbed people as hostages.

Why would Hams take such a tactic

Israeli military looks to have been caught completely off guard by Hamas. Lots of questions going to be asked of Netanyahu.

And of course it will be Palestinian and Israeli civilians bearing the brunt of this.

I fear it will strengthen Netanyahu’s power.

Yep, I'm sure this will just result in Israel attempting to further contravene international law re: expansion, settlements, and annexation

Back