• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Blowing up some hospitals in response kinda weakens the moral high ground but some of the shit I saw on the internet this morning was truly gruesome

Seen some speculation from Middle East journalists that Netanyahu's quasi-obsessive internal focus on quashing political opposition gave external forces (Hamas) a clear opportunity to attack while their defenses weren't 100% focused. Really seems to be the best explanation for how Israel let Hamas launch an air, land, and sea attack that Israel had no idea was coming when they have some of the best intelligence/defense set up in the world.

I don’t understand why so many Israelis would want to live so close to Gaza.

Don't search Israel on Twitter. The videos are very disturbing and I watch plenty of Russians getting blown up on Twitter. Poor German girl.

I find myself less sympathetic to Hamas, mostly in sympathy with the people of Palestine, and also laughing at Israel, before it gets too dark and shitty and they go nuclear

I flipped to MSNBC for a bit for coverage, and caught a downright bloodthirsty interview with a Dem member of Congress. It's going to get dark and shitty real fast.

War is miserable and cruel today as it is everyday. While we consider how terrible these attacks are, let’s not forget how terrible every day of imprisonment, segregation, apartheid, and illegal settlement building through forced dislocation are.

I don’t understand why so many Israelis would want to live so close to Gaza.
Today's close to Gaza (previously Gaza) is tomorrow's brand spanking new settlement with its own new outskirts that are newly close to Gaza (and formerla Gaza). Rinse/repeat

Netanyahu got his 9/11

I kinda doubt the IDF didn’t know this was coming

Pray for Israel and Palestine
Yeah, one of my first thoughts was that a lot of military had protested the judicial reforms by not showing up for service days. Now that protest is effectively done. Bibi can swing the spotlight to the war and away from his dismantling of institutions

It’s amazing how the leaders who failed to keep their people safe can consolidate power after a tragedy and put more people in harms way.

I hate to say it, but there’s really no point in trying to follow the news in Israel/Gaza from major media if you don’t want to get brain washed. There’s no major outlet that’s going to give fair consideration to the perspective of refugees in Gaza and Palestinians.

Back