• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

MDMH posting Pod Save America. Will wonders never cease?

True. I took that as performative outrage about perceived performative outrage about performative outrage.

I mean, he DID post it with a healthy amount of snark aimed at Favreau.
it was really important for Jon to reassure his twitter followers that no matter how strong his criticism for Biden’s actions are, he was voting and stumping for Biden no matter what. Isn’t that the exact same manner of doublespeak that he is criticizing Biden for?

I can’t read Yiddish, but I’m curious to know if Netanyahu and his war cabinet use the same powerless/helpless rhetoric when they explain their actions in Gaza? They can’t help it, they have to do it, they are forced to do it, the alternative is always worse.

It’s fascinating how every single person, from the voter, to the presidents, to the trigger pullers and button pushers is helpless and has no choice but to do a very bad thing lest a worse thing happen…even though the worse thing happens no matter what.

Haven't you reassured us that you're voting for Biden?

True. I took that as performative outrage about perceived performative outrage about performative outrage.
really wish you would just challenge my posts directly instead of posting inflammatory passive aggressive shit like this.

it was really important for Jon to reassure his twitter followers that no matter how strong his criticism for Biden’s actions are, he was voting and stumping for Biden no matter what. Isn’t that the exact same manner of doublespeak that he is criticizing Biden for?

I can’t read Yiddish, but I’m curious to know if Netanyahu and his war cabinet use the same powerless/helpless rhetoric when they explain their actions in Gaza? They can’t help it, they have to do it, they are forced to do it, the alternative is always worse.

It’s fascinating how every single person, from the voter, to the presidents, to the trigger pullers and button pushers is helpless and has no choice but to do a very bad thing lest a worse thing happen…even though the worse thing happens no matter what.

This is an interesting discussion, and I think is in line with your disdain for incrementalism (both on the tunnels and when discussing Forbes - so kudos for consistency). I think it gets complicated when it's not a single bad issue. What Biden is doing is unconscionable in Gaza and, like you, "Trump would be worse" isn't a compelling argument, haggling over degrees of genocide. It gets stickier when compiling all issues. Say trans rights. Biden is much better than Trump, but even still, trans rights have eroded significantly in NC even while Biden is president and we have a Dem governor. Should that move the needle? What about immigration where both aren't great, but there are multitudes of degrees between Trump and Biden. My wife and I have this discussion a lot, with her take being if we don't disrupt the whole system, nothing changes because the system itself is corrupt and and can't create liberation for people and myself who agrees with her take on the system, but is reticent to let active harm happen to many while the system burns. So I voted no preference in the primary and will vote for Biden in the general, but I don't feel great about it.

Last edited:
Biden is awful, but our entire executive branch, 90% of the Legislative branch, our security services, and every other significant western nation are materially supporting and encouraging the IDF, or at least enabling them. This isn’t Biden vs Palestine, or even just Netanyahu and Likud vs Palestine. The entire Western world is complicit in this genocide. Besides the Houthis and Hezbollah, no one is lifting a finger in defense of Gaza. Respect to South America, Ireland, and the other UN nations who are at least trying to hold Israel accountable to human rights laws.
Sure. But I'm putting this on Biden's ass. Biden is the Commander in Chief and the Leader of the Free World. He may get push back but changing his actions toward Netanyahu and his policies today would, in a short time tumble Bibi's regime and in effect change Israeli movement goinging forward. I'm more with Juice's take that his "anger" is strictly political and not how he really feels.
More reasons why the Dems would do much better in November without him leading the ticket. And should only blame themselves if they lose to that fat POS.

Obviously can’t speak for the Crooked Media/PSA people but as someone who listens to them regularly, I think they’ve been pretty critical of Biden’s position on Israel/Gaza since November/December. I also think a lot of people fall into the category of being horrified about the complicity of the US in what is occurring to the Palestinian people while also feeling obligated to vote for/support Biden due to how dangerous of a person Trump is. Certainly not a fun position for anyone.

I think you can easily make the argument that Biden would lose more voters if he were to pull support for Israel. Not sure that is behind his completely ineffectual public messaging though. And while I no idea what he is or isn't doing behind the scenes, publicly it comes off as the US being 100% ok with what is happening, which is disgusting.

I think you can easily make the argument that Biden would lose more voters if he were to pull support for Israel. Not sure that is behind his completely ineffectual public messaging though. And while I no idea what he is or isn't doing behind the scenes, publicly it comes off as the US being 100% ok with what is happening, which is disgusting.
I think it could definitely affect his campaign donations but would curious to see any polling on what it might due to his votes, especially in swing states

Is Bibi a nickname he likes or hates? If he hates it then post away otherwise it seems like a way of softening a war criminal and all around asshole.

I just don’t see how anyone believes that this won’t affect the November vote. Sure, most Biden voters would never vote for Dump. But this could be the straw that keeps many of them home, thus a help for the Pubs.

oh my

when even Condi is like "Joe..."

Well there’s a not-insignificant number of people who support what is happening. And that’s been the prevailing stance of our nation. So I get why he has to do the “I’m furious” thing — there will be a lot of upset people kinda no matter what he does. I know my moral position, but I would imagine the admin is weighing the potential votes lost on both sides, and trying to limit appearing to turn his back on Israel with ease.

I mean, based on recent polling that I’ve seen American Jews, American Muslims, Registered Democrats, and People Who Intend to Vote for Biden groups are majority all in favor of a ceasefire so idk what other constituencies he’s courting. The alternate explanation is that Biden simply doesn’t care.

The Haley Republicans.

Generally pro cease fire, but extremely reluctant to turn our backs on Israel. Pros and cons.

Back