• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Invades Gaza

What is Israel giving up?

Land that they illegally annexed 34 years ago? How is that unfair that they have to give that land back? They took it in contravention of international law - a fact recognized by literally almost every single country aside from America and then the UN.

You mean like how France annexed the Alsace after WWI? Like how annexed TX and CA? Or how we took Cuba and the Philippines?

Well those examples all have considerably different backgrounds but I don't condone America's annexation of the Philippines and I don't condone Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem.

At some point Israel likely won't have a choice

Then will be a huge war which will cost the world a lot more that it should.

Basically every country in the world thought the Mitchell plan was good. There would already be Palestinian State with an international airport, full access to jobs in Israel, Jordan and Egypt. Free passage between the countries. All the land from 1967 except the Golan and E. Jerusalem.

If you fight a war and lose, there are consequences.

Well those examples all have considerably different backgrounds but I don't condone America's annexation of the Philippines and I don't condone Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE SAY MAKING E. JERUSALEM A UN PROTECTORATE BEFORE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND IT?

Your grandkids' grandkids won't live long enough to see the rest of Jerusalem as anything else than the capital of Israel.

Not to Jews.
This is not true. Like i was saying, the confusion between Zionism and Judaism is fairly recent in the scheme of things. I am an observant conservative Jew and have been my whole life, and neither synagogue I belonged to has advocated this position. Ask Hassids about Israel. You'll be surprised as to their thoughts.

Then will be a huge war which will cost the world a lot more that it should.

Basically every country in the world thought the Mitchell plan was good. There would already be Palestinian State with an international airport, full access to jobs in Israel, Jordan and Egypt. Free passage between the countries. All the land from 1967 except the Golan and E. Jerusalem.

If you fight a war and lose, there are consequences.

Israel is going to fight a war against the world?

I'm saying at some point the U.S. will withdraw support unless Israel agrees to a two state solution with Israel as an international city. Israel would be wise to do whatever it takes to arrange a more beneficial lasting solution before that time comes.

The US and Europe have not said giving up ALL of Jerusalem is a key to the peace plan.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE SAY MAKING E. JERUSALEM A UN PROTECTORATE BEFORE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND IT?

Your grandkids' grandkids won't live long enough to see the rest of Jerusalem as anything else than the capital of Israel.

I know. But why would East Jerusalem become a UN protectorate when it's relatively universally accepted as Palestinian land while Israel gets to keep their portion?

Once we are all driving Teslas in 10 years we wont GAF about the middle east or oil anymore. The Israelis have about that long to figure something out.

Basically every country in the world thought the Mitchell plan was good.

Except for Israel and "Palestine"? The Mitchell plan didn't make any recommendations that hadn't already been agreed to in the Oslo Accords, except for Israel freezing expansion on all settlements in Gaza, which they didn't do.

I know. But why would East Jerusalem become a UN protectorate when it's relatively universally accepted as Palestinian land while Israel gets to keep their portion?

Because the Palestinians started a war and lost. When you lose a war, you very often lose territory. That's the way it is for every other country except Israel.

Before the war, E. Jerusalem was not accessible to many Jews. Since the war, everyone has been welcome and had access to the holy sites.

Yeah you can't fight demographics RJ, its the same shit the Republicans somehow can't understand. The winds are blowing in a direction away from Israeli support more so than any other time especially amongst the younger demographics. This thread is a perfect example, 10 years ago everyone would be slurping Israel and their propaganda not so much any more.

Once we are all driving Teslas in 10 years we wont GAF about the middle east or oil anymore. The Israelis have about that long to figure something out.

That day can't come soon enough. At that point they can wipe each other out for all I care.

Because the Palestinians started a war and lost. When you lose a war, you very often lose territory. That's the way it is for every other country except Israel.

Before the war, E. Jerusalem was not accessible to many Jews. Since the war, everyone has been welcome and had access to the holy sites.

If I live in Gaza can I travel to Jerusalem? Honest question

Not at this point...that's because of Hamas. But all Palestinians from the rest of their country can go E. Jerusalem.

Why anyone thinks Hamas should be included in talks is beyond me. First of all their stated mission is to end the State of Israel. They refuse to say Israel has the right to exist. Until this is changed and their constitution amended, it's outrageous to include them.

Add to that they are an arm of the Iranian government not Palestinians. It would be like tell the US Germany has to be asked about any decisions we make about the border problem in Texas.

They didn't lose East Jerusalem pursuant to any war, that's what I've been saying - Israel unilaterally annexed it in 1980. There was no war attached to it as far as I know.

Back