• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's been 6 years....

You asked who I was basing it on jackass. Posted the Dawkins story months ago, it was just a random encounter.

If Dawkins stopped to think about it for a while could he have come up with who Manning replaced at Wake? Who knows. He absolutely did not know it was [Redacted] at the time. Not sure why you're being such an ass.

My excuse is usually alcohol.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I just wanted to say that even leaving aside the disaster of the [Redacted] hire, the way that Wellman lied, manipulated, and orchestrated a smear campaign against Dino all while sanctimoniously preaching about needing the "right kind of players" not only displays stunning hypocrisy, but also is evidence of a disgusting disloyalty and moral vacuity that disqualifies him from any further association with WFU. And again, that's without even looking at his performance. Further, I remain convinced that there was a racial angle to the whole "right players" argument that was only thinly disguised by the argument that we needed to avoid one and dones.

what prompted this comment? reason i asked is i pay more attn to his posts in the sports forum. has (s)he been making irrelevant or questionable posts lately or something?
I agree even though kvegas thought giles to wake was happening and ended up being wrong I love the insight he gives and dont get the hate

I agree that it's pretty implausible that Dawkins did not know who preceeded Manning at Wake. The coaching fraternity is not that big and I would bet all P5 school coaches know one another or at least interact a few times each year.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I just wanted to say that even leaving aside the disaster of the [Redacted] hire, the way that Wellman lied, manipulated, and orchestrated a smear campaign against Dino all while sanctimoniously preaching about needing the "right kind of players" not only displays stunning hypocrisy, but also is evidence of a disgusting disloyalty and moral vacuity that disqualifies him from any further association with WFU. And again, that's without even looking at his performance. Further, I remain convinced that there was a racial angle to the whole "right players" argument that was only thinly disguised by the argument that we needed to avoid one and dones.

To add on to this, the athletic department had no problem hiring a white collar criminal to a financial administrative role during this time period. Completely countering the whole "culture" bullshit they've been spewing.

Well an alleged white collar criminal. He was never found guilty if I remember correctly. Of course, Clark, Teague, and others weren't found guilty and they were still demonized by the AD plants.

You asked who I was basing it on jackass. Posted the Dawkins story months ago, it was just a random encounter.

If Dawkins stopped to think about it for a while could he have come up with who Manning replaced at Wake? Who knows. He absolutely did not know it was [Redacted] at the time. Not sure why you're being such an ass.

No I asked if you were a D1 coach, not to tell me every story you have about meeting D1 coaches.

I'm being an ass because you are being dense (whether intentional or not is hard to say). Dawkins knew who Wake's coach was from 2010-2014 whether he chose to mention it to some random fanboy in an airport restaurant or not .

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I just wanted to say that even leaving aside the disaster of the [name redacted] hire, the way that Wellman lied, manipulated, and orchestrated a smear campaign against Dino all while sanctimoniously preaching about needing the "right kind of players" not only displays stunning hypocrisy, but also is evidence of a disgusting disloyalty and moral vacuity that disqualifies him from any further association with WFU. And again, that's without even looking at his performance. Further, I remain convinced that there was a racial angle to the whole "right players" argument that was only thinly disguised by the argument that we needed to avoid one and dones.

This is honestly the only angle that makes sense. This whole thing has been fueled by some irrational prejudice in Wellman's head.

Which on second thought means maybe DC is right and we shouldn't be shocked that many Wake fans were willing to go along with it.

Wake overachieved in the preseason and shit their pants during the regular season.

mr_hankey_by_jeffaroni-d7adaeu.jpg

Back