• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ITS BEEN REAL

I played Rugby for 4 years in Europe. I'm guessing the experience is similar i.e. a group of friends to drink/party with. I enjoyed it when it was centered around an actual activity and i didn't have to pay for it. Also there was some bonding aspect in hitting people as a group i.e. bleeding together. I'm guessing though that you're not actually being serious.

it's not really hitting people (although we got into a lot of fights), but a "team" (or gang) mentality does exist. There is also the people that you went through pledging with that you kind of form "wartime" bonds with. I mean you stay friends through drinking and partying together, but you become friends through pledging....i.e. going through adversity together

I played Rugby for 4 years in Europe. I'm guessing the experience is similar i.e. a group of friends to drink/party with. I enjoyed it when it was centered around an actual activity and i didn't have to pay for it. Also there was some bonding aspect in hitting people as a group i.e. bleeding together. I'm guessing though that you're not actually being serious.

this is where i think a lot of geeds miss the boat. it isnt like that money was spent to bring in some ringers to be cool and hang out. it was spent on parties, the house, etc. etc. the treasurer was responsible to ensuring taht people felt they were getting their money's worth.

this is where i think a lot of geeds miss the boat. it isnt like that money was spent to bring in some ringers to be cool and hang out. it was spent on parties, the house, etc. etc. the treasurer was responsible to ensuring taht people felt they were getting their money's worth.

Phan was in the same fraternity as I was. We spent 95% of dues on beer, actually, my senior year it may have been close to 100%. Money for the house comes from rent and the only other monies were insurance that we had to pay.
It's cheaper to be a geed and suckle the "frat, free beer teat", but we spent less money individually, partying at the house, than we would've if we went to bars half as often as we partied at the house.

Last edited:
Although I actually like Knight, the "take knight with you" tag just killed me.....well done

The house makes sense and I think that would be pretty cool. The fact that you keep saying geed is exactly what I'm talking about and why I was never interested in the first place. Anyone can buy a house together with friends (I did) and pool money for drinking (I did this too in college) and throw parties.

The fact that you put a label on it and on those who are not in it is exactly what I had no interest in in the first place and I see no value in it. And the fact that all of you get so defensive about it is puzzling too. Why do you give a rip if I say they suck? Most groups who have condescending names for people who aren't in their group are usually a negative force in society. At a minimum though, you've affirmed a decision I made 10 years ago; so that is a positive. Pos rep for reminding me why I didn't join.

Last edited:
If i could go back and do it again, I would consider being in a frat. It is a lot easier to befriend attractive women if you are in a fraternity.

But really why would you do that when you can play street fighter and get drunk with dudes?

Let's just say he hasn't gone far (captured 1 minute ago):

WhatUTalkinBout Willis
Steve Lepore
Send Message User Lists User Notes (0)Edit User Profile
Last Activity: Today 02:47 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread ITS BEEN REAL

InTheKnow
OSD
Townie
awakegirl
doofus
Buckets
TexasDeac

And now Willis.

Queen+Another+one+bites+the+dust.jpg

TexasDeac took a break from the boards!? I noticed he'd been absent as of late, but just thought he was busy with school starting back etc.

Phan was in the same fraternity as I was. We spent 95% of dues on beer, actually, my senior year it may have been close to 100%.

If you had any sense you spent more like 125% on beer and left the next class with a debt to the beer man.

Back