• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's Official: Hank's Back...

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Meh. Use Chris Stapleton or Eric Church and find a new party jingle to wail. Bocephus is an old man....yeah I know he owns the song and other younger artists are singing along but I don't get the point of this. Dude has some crazy views.
With ratings down, ESPN thinks this will give them a boost. Probably right, but it may be only temporary.

With ratings down, ESPN thinks this will give them a boost. Probably right, but it may be only temporary.

One game for those who want to see the old man?

Don't get me wrong, I love A Country Boy Can Survive and some of his other hits, but a 68 year old man wailing the old intro is more than a little sad. What if he breaks a hip during taping?

One game for those who want to see the old man?

Don't get me wrong, I love A Country Boy Can Survive and some of his other hits, but a 68 year old man wailing the old intro is more than a little sad. What if he breaks a hip during taping?

If he breaks his hip, he'll make a song out of it, relate it to football and make another 5 mil.

Geez. If they're bringing back olds, at least NBC could bring back Faith Hill.

ESPN Exec 1: There's a perception that we've moved way left on the political spectrum. What can we do?
ESPN Exec 2: Let's hire a guy that once had a hit song called "If the South woulda' won, we'd of had it made" to sing the intro to one of our most valuable properties?
ESPN Exec 1: My God! That's genius. /puts head in punch bowl full of cocaine/

End Scene

Do people really watch MNF because of the intro? That makes no sense to me.

I mean people stopped watching because a black guy took a knee, so yes, I think this will possibly bring people back.

People are fucking stupid.

fewer people have been watching because the monday night matchups have been garbage and the overall football has been garbage the last couple years.

I am excited about this development. I very much enjoy the Hank version of "Are you ready for some football!" Old man or not, that song fires me up for some Monday Night Football.

Who cares about his political views? It's the intro to a god damn concussion-filled football game. And not just any game, but the degenerate gambler's weekly apex and the only thing that makes Mondays tolerable.

Will I watch MNF just because Hank's song is on? No, of course not. I'll watch anyway because I need Tevin Coleman to score 15 fantasy points so I can beat "It Ertz When I Pee" and hit on that OVER 45 / Falcons -3 parlay. At least this way, I'll have a little chub right at the start, too.

One more reason not to watch MNF and the NFL in general.

One more reason not to watch MNF and the NFL in general.

What ? Hank Williams singing a song for 90 seconds that he altered the lyrics to 25 years ago is a reason not to watch a football game ?

I am excited about this development. I very much enjoy the Hank version of "Are you ready for some football!" Old man or not, that song fires me up for some Monday Night Football.

Who cares about his political views? It's the intro to a god damn concussion-filled football game. And not just any game, but the degenerate gambler's weekly apex and the only thing that makes Mondays tolerable.

Will I watch MNF just because Hank's song is on? No, of course not. I'll watch anyway because I need Tevin Coleman to score 15 fantasy points so I can beat "It Ertz When I Pee" and hit on that OVER 45 / Falcons -3 parlay. At least this way, I'll have a little chub right at the start, too.

This was a pretty damn good response. :golfclap:

What ? Hank Williams singing a song for 90 seconds that he altered the lyrics to 25 years ago is a reason not to watch a football game ?

The song is obnoxious. The NFL just sucks. You'll be happy to know I was neg-repped by a Pats fan.

Last edited:
Back